Internet advertising quick guide
Internet advertising success factors
Average ad clickthrough rates for non-video formats are just 0.1% meaning that it's wrong to plan their use primarily for direct response - to get the clicks. Instead, we suggest you think about display ads as a way of creating brand awareness and engagement.
Attribution modeling will show that often display can help generate searches on the brand name or for an offer, so they are best used in this way.
Our 7 Step Guide to success with display ads goes into much more depth on how to make display ads successful, but if we were to suggest just 5 key questions to ask about your campaigns, they would be:
- Q1. Mix of offline and online media (are we spending enough?)
- Q2. Are you we using the right targeting options?
- Q3. Have you optimised reach and frequency
- Q4. Are we exploiting the full range of ad formats?
- Q5. Is our creative effective?