Inbound marketing Quick Wins template
Plan your use of the latest inbound marketing techniques across the full customer lifecycle structured around the Smart Insights RACE planning approach
Where would you start if you had just a few hours to review the marketing effectiveness of a website and make recommendations of 'Quick Wins' to a colleague or a client? They'll want to hear your priorities for changes to inbound marketing to boost visits, leads and sales focusing on the short-term and also suggesting longer-term initiatives.
Completing a website audit with the aim of improving results from your inbound marketing isn't easy if you're starting with a 'blank piece of paper' and don't have a structure to follow.
That's why this template was originally created 10+ years ago when Dr Dave Chaffey of Smart Insights was preparing pitches for agencies and giving consultant recommendations. It's now fully updated to cover the latest inbound marketing techniques across the full customer lifecycle structured around the Smart Insights RACE planning approach so you can apply a consultant's approach yourself by following the questions you need to ask.
There are lots of situations where, as an agency or client-side marketer, you may need to complete an audit to see the current problems with inbound marketing and future opportunities to boost results:
- In preparation for a pitch to a client to highlight potential improvements
- When preparing for a job interview where you may be asked to suggest strengths and weaknesses of communications
- When starting a new role where you need to do an initial audit based on the business and give feedback to colleagues on priorities
What does the Quick Wins template include?
This template is structured with detailed questions in these sections:
- Plan - Understand the goals of the business, Key Performance Indicators and target audience personas.
- Reach - Covering inbound marketing techniques including SEO, PPC (Google Ads) and affiliate marketing.
- Act - Review desktop and mobile website brand value proposition, customer journeys and calls-to-action for lead-generation and profiling.
- Convert - Welcome sequence, Remarketing and assisted selling.
- Engage - Social media and email marketing and improving the website for existing customers.
We also include an example of how to structure the review audit and recommendations.
About the Author of the Quick Wins template:
Dr. Dave Chaffey
Dave is co-CEO and co-founder of Smart Insights. He is editor of the 100 templates, ebooks and courses in the digital marketing resource library created by our team of 25+ Digital Marketing experts. Our resources used by our premium members in more than 80 countries to Map, Plan and Manage their digital marketing.
For his full profile, or to connect on LinkedIn or other social networks, see the About Dave Chaffey profile page on Smart Insights. Dave is author of 5 bestselling books on digital marketing including Digital Marketing Excellence and Digital Marketing: Strategy, Implementation and Practice. In 2004 he was recognised by the Chartered Institute of Marketing as one of 50 marketing ‘gurus’ worldwide who have helped shape the future of marketing.
Who is the guide for?
This guide has been designed for conduct audits which reveal where key changes can be made to massively boost returns on marketing spend. This kind of audit will be useful for:
- Client side marketers conducting an initial audit when starting a new role.
- Consultants preparing pitches to clients
- Agency marketers auditing client capabilities and identifying areas to improve.
- Individual marketers preparing for job interviews
- Author: Dr. Dave Chaffey
- Format: 12 page A4 page Word document template that can be used to review and present recommendations for your business or clients.
- Structure: This template is designed for a rapid review to create a report rapidly. It is divided into 5 sections using the Smart Insights RACE framework with prompts of issues to review and space to add your own comments.
- Related templates: Brand audit template, Customer persona toolkit