Managing social media plan example template
Use this example social media plan to rapidly create your own plan
About this guide
This template is designed to be a practical model you can quickly apply to your business or your clients' business. It will help you make the best use of social networks with the limited resources you have available.
- Introduction - One-page summary plan example
- Step 1 Vision and long-term goals for social media
- Step 2 Examples of specific targets for each social network targeted
- Step 3 Resources and tasks needed to implement plan within 3 and 6 months
- Step 4 Define targets for social media update frequency and content types to support content marketing plan and keywords targeted for SEO
- Step 5 Specification of outreach activities
- Step 6 Examples of tools and services for managing social media
How will this example social media template help me and my business?
Most businesses today have a presence on the main social networks. But having a profile on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ or Pinterest is just the start of a managed approach to social media marketing. Often we see that social media updates are neglected or there are the wrong type to grow a business using social media. In short there isn’t a social media strategy and a plan for day-to-day operational management of social media.
Creating a social media marketing plan will help you make the best use of social networks with the limited resources you have available.
Our example social media plan is a Microsoft Word download so you can quickly edit it to form your own plan.
About the author
Miriam Shaviv, Director of content at Brainstorm Digital who is active in creating and managing social media strategies for B2B and B2C clients
How is the example plan structured?
This template is designed to be a practical model you can quickly apply to your business or your clients’ business. It’s in two parts:
- 1. Social media marketing strategy outline. This includes examples of the company vision and goals for social media, measurement, target audience, short and long-term strategies, resources needed and specific details on how to use each of the social networks.
- 2. A one-page social media plan summary. A simple, one-page social media plan example which small business owners or senior managers can use to brainstorm alone, in an exercise with their team or in a workshop. A summary table using the RACE Planning framework is also included.
What does the sample plan contain?
- One-page summary plan example
- Vision and long-term goals for social media
- Examples of specific targets for each social network targeted
- Resources and tasks needed to implement plan within 3 and 6 months
- Defined target for social media update frequency and content types to support content marketing plan and keywords targeted for SEO
- Specification of outreach activities
- Examples of tools and services for managing social media
About the example company
The template example business is Health Recruitment, a fictitious company, looking for more clients in the private healthcare sector. The example is for B2B social media marketing, but the template can be used for B2C companies and will work for businesses with more complex strategies and a range of audiences and influencers.
Related resources: There is a companion social media audit download. We also have more general templates for creating broader marketing plans – download our Example digital marketing plan and Example marketing plan.
Individual or Business members get full access to this and 14 other guides in the Social media marketing Toolkit.Learn more about membership Already an Individual or Business member?
Login here Look Inside