Managing social media plan example template
Use this example social media plan to rapidly create your own social plan
How will this template help me and my business?
We know it can be difficult to understand the best way to produce marketing plans. Sometimes this is a barrier to business' having a social media plan, which means you don't know what goals you are working towards. Creating a social media marketing plan will help you make the best use of social networks with the limited resources you have available. That's why we created this social media plan example template to help you see a completed example from a fictitious company.
Health Recruitment Ltd is a fictitious company created for this template. While the example is B2B, we believe that the template can be used by B2C companies as well, and that it is also appropriate for companies with more complex strategies.
This template is designed to be a practical model you can quickly apply to your business or your clients' business. It will help you make the best use of social networks with the limited resources you have available.
It is made up of two parts:
- Social media marketing strategy outline. This includes examples of the company vision and goals for social media, measurement, target audience, short and long-term strategies, resources needed and specific details on how to use each of the social networks.
- A one-page social media plan summary. A simple, one-page social media plan example which small business owners or senior managers can use to brainstorm alone, in an exercise with their team or in a workshop. A RACE planning equivalent is also included at the end of this document.
Who is the template for?
This template was created for social media managers or agency execs to help you create a plan for adopting and optimizing social media. The example has been produced in Word so it is easy for you to edit for your business.
How is this template structured?
- Introduction - One-page summary plan example
- Step 1 Vision and long-term goals for social media
- Step 2 Examples of specific targets for each social network targeted
- Step 3 Resources and tasks needed to implement plan within 3 and 6 months
- Step 4 Define targets for social media update frequency and content types to support content marketing plan and keywords targeted for SEO
- Step 5 Specification of outreach activities
- Step 6 Examples of tools and services for managing social media
- Author: Miriam Shaviv
- Editor: Amelia Mayes, Smart Insights
- Format: Editable Microsoft Word document – 25 pages.
- Related resources:
About the author