How can we help you improve your marketing skills?
We are a publisher and online learning platform aimed at helping our members plan, manage and optimize their marketing. We do this by providing expert downloadable planning templates, guides and interactive tools, so you have access to the knowledge you need to get the best results, no matter what industry you’re in or how big your business is.
Our aim is to help you get more leads and sales with integrated digital marketing so you can make the most of the opportunities offered by digital transformation. We’re proud to share the exciting potential of digital marketing with over 150,000 active members, as well as a monthly readership of more than half a million.
Digital marketing and technology experts Dr. Dave Chaffey and Stuart Miller launched Smart Insights in 2010 with the aim of providing marketing professionals with the best source of practical know-how to take advantage of the opportunities of digital marketing. Our overall goal was, and still is, to save marketers time trying to find quality advice and frameworks to improve their marketing processes amongst the variable quality available across the web.
Through our RACE Planning Framework and our templates, guides and e-learning courses created by 25 experienced marketing consultants we wanted to offer a cost-effective way for marketers to review and improve their marketing.
Since this time, we've grown our active members and daily members hugely, while also increasing our team of content developers, interaction designers, customer support and account managers to provide quality support and advice to our members in more than 170 countries.
How do we help our members and partners
We help individuals improve their personal digital marketing skills and businesses of all sizes increase their leads and sales by creating action plans to transform their use of digital media, technology and data.
Here’s how we do this:
- Free Membership helps marketers get started with the basics and find out what we’re all about. It provides access to a number of helpful sample guides and templates, as well as regular e-newsletters.
- Individual Membership helps individual marketers develop their skills and further their careers. Our tailored content is aimed at helping you become more effective in their roles and team by improving their marketing competencies.
- Business Membership provides organizations of all sizes and from all sectors the opportunity to transform their omnichannel marketing capabilities and improve their results by improving the skills of team members through e-learning and guides.
- Content Partnerships are our advertising program that supports martech vendors and agencies by growing awareness and providing leads through our range of PR and advertising options.
What makes us different?
We are all about marketing and we believe that this shows in everything we do and in all the advice we give. All of our guides, templates and e-learning courses are aimed at making marketing accessible for everyone.
All of our advice can be used in a practical way. We also provide workbooks, editable templates and videos, all of which are aimed at helping you plan and change your marketing to get better results.
We show you how to use Google Analytics and the latest measurement techniques and metrics so you can report on your marketing success. After all, as W. Edwards Deming said. “Without data, you’re just another person with an opinion.”
Comprehensive and structured learning
Our library of content includes around 150 different techniques – all of which are joined up by the RACE Planning Framework – helping you to find the advice that best suits your needs and create your own structured learning plan. We also aim to keep the jargon down to a minimum as much as possible!
Different ways of learning
We understand that everyone learns in a different way, which is why we have a variety of different resources available. From guides and templates to our Quick Win micro e-learning courses, you can find and apply new ideas in the way that suits you.
Our range of memberships means you can find the right one for your needs and budget, allowing you to access excellent resources and see results for less money than you’d pay for a training course.
Latest world-class advice
As well as our co-founder - recognized digital marketing guru, Dr. Dave Chaffey - we have assembled a team of marketing experts, both in-house and in the form of our expert commentators. Every member of our team are specialists in digital marketing disciplines, so we ensure we give you the best and most up-to-date advice possible.
Our best practice planning resources
Our extensive library of actionable marketing advice includes content for all membership types. It has been created by more than 25 digital marketing specialists and is focused on helping marketers, business owners and teams improve their marketing and their commercial results.
We have designed our toolkits to help members learn about all aspects of digital marketing and to optimize their efforts. Our core Digital Channel Toolkits are available to all paid members and cover these 10 areas:
- Digital Marketing Strategy and Planning
- Content Marketing
- Digital Experiences (Web Design)
- Email Marketing and Marketing Automation
- Paid Media
- Google Analytics
- Marketing Campaign Planning
- Marketing Strategy and Planning
- Search Engine Optimization
- Social Media Marketing
Our marketing, planning and management resources
To help you get the most out of your membership, we’ve created a range of content types that you can access when you’re signed in. These are:
- Best practice guides and templates – Covering a huge range of content, we have 200 guides and templates covering all the topics you need. From social media marketing to example marketing plans, you can easily manage and optimize your learning.
- Quick Wins – Ideal if you’re short on time, our Quick Wins are micro e-learning courses that are fully actionable. They’re designed to help you focus and improve your marketing results, fast.
- Digital marketing e-learning – Learn how to improve your marketing expertise at your own pace with our great e-learning modules. Covering digital marketing strategy and our channel essential toolkits, they’ll help you develop your knowledge.
- Capability Grader – Quickly and easily benchmark yours, your team’s or your client’s marketing activities to score the approach currently being taken and get helpful recommendations on where your efforts should be focused in the future with our Personalized Learning Plan.
The Smart Insights team
Our team is made up of experienced and active digital marketers with a wealth of knowledge between them. We are all passionate about helping individuals and businesses get the most from their marketing, sharing our experiences and seeking to learn as much as possible along the way.
Smart Insights is owned and operated by our two founders:
- Dr. Dave Chaffey, Content Director, is a bestselling author of digital marketing and e-commerce books. He was recognized by the Chartered Institute of Marketing in 2004 as one of 50 gurus who has "shaped the future of marketing". As well as developing our member content, Dave continues to speak, train and consult on digital marketing strategy.
- Stu Miller, CEO has over 20 years of experience in managing web-based technology for large companies and start-ups. Before getting the ball rolling with Smart Insights, Stu worked as a consultant and was a co-founder of digital marketing agency First10. He also advises a number of ecommerce startups including Hello Nails, a niche business selling nail wraps to the UK market.
As well as our in-house team, we have a broad Expert Commentator database, which is made up of individuals with in-depth knowledge and a huge amount of experience in different marketing channels and techniques.