Website conversion and revenue model calculators
Use our conversion and revenue model spreadsheet to create a budget to give you more confidence in your lead or sales forecasts
How will this conversion spreadsheet help me and my business?
This spreadsheet includes a worksheet for startup businesses to develop their revenue model based on Cost-per-click (CPC, cost-per-thousand (CPM) or affiliate advertising models and it can be applied to Ecommerce, B2B lead generation and media sites.
It also has three other worksheets for calculating the increase in leads and sales you can get from investing in conversion rate optimization (AB testing) and other digital initiatives.
The spreadsheet shows you how to:
- Forecast leads, sales and profit to create business plans for startups
- Forecast predicted target leads and sales to make the business case for investment in digital for existing businesses
- Automatically calculate expected returns for best and worst case scenarios
Who is this spreadsheet for?
This spreadsheet is aimed at helping:
- Owners and founders of startups looking to estimate their revenue potential
- Marketers creating digital marketing plans who want to forecast sales improvements
- Marketers responsible for getting better results from their website who want to estimate improvements in leads and sales
How is the spreadsheet structured?
The template includes 4 separate worksheets:
- 1. Basic conversion model for B2B or B2C sites
- 2. Multichannel conversion model for sites with phone or in-store sales
- 3. Online business startup revenue model calculators
- 4. Conversion optimization business case model – determine lead or sales increase
- Author: Dr. Dave Chaffey
- Format: Excel 2003 template (.xls works in new and old versions of Excel)
- Companion resources:
About the author
Dr. Dave Chaffey
Dave is co-founder and content director of Smart Insights. He is editor of the 100 templates, ebooks and courses in the digital marketing resource library created by our team of 25+ Digital Marketing experts. Our resources are used by our premium members in more than 100 countries to Plan, Manage and Optimize their digital marketing.
For his full profile, or to connect on LinkedIn or other social networks, see the About Dave Chaffey profile page on Smart Insights. Dave is author of 5 bestselling books on digital marketing including Digital Marketing Excellence and Digital Marketing: Strategy, Implementation and Practice. In 2004 he was recognised by the Chartered Institute of Marketing as one of 50 marketing ‘gurus’ worldwide who have helped shape the future of marketing.
Access this resource now
Individual and Business members get full access to this and 8 other guides in the Digital experience management Toolkit.Learn more about membership Already an Individual or Business member?