Includes templates, ready-to-use strategy documents, step-by-step guides and resources that will help you create optimized strategies that deliver HUGE results.
- Google Analytics Customisation
About this Guide
Many, many companies have Google Analytics tags setup on their sites, but in our experience, Google Analytics is often not set up correctly. To get the most from Google Analytics, it must be tailored to the organisation to reflect what the company wants to get from it. Customisation is needed to set up goals, funnels, events, custom variables and reports to help the business regularly review and improve its online marketing.
Setup of Google Analytics is simplified into 16 key areas in a 20+ page report including:
- Type of tagging – Classic Google Analytics and the newer Universal Analytics
- Setting up views to exclude company staff
- Goals and funnels
- Marketing events
- Marketing campaign tracking (including email marketing and social media marketing)
- Custom segments
- Ecommerce setup
Why use this guide?
This guide acts as a briefing for the opportunities from managing tags covering what they are, what they do, why they need to manage them.
The guide helps you explore the benefits of using Google Tag Manager and offers step-by-step installation instructions with use cases.
The guide is structured in three parts, each with several short sections you can readily scan.
- Part 1 – sections One to Seven. An introduction to Tag Management Systems for managers explaining the what, why and how of Tag Management to help you make the business case and become aware of key implementation issues.
- Part 2 – sections Eight to Twelve. An introduction to Google Tag Manager showing examples of how to set it up and key terminology
- Part 3 – sections Fourteen to Twenty Three. Covering common Marketing ‘Use-cases’ for GTM when you are creating and managing sites.
- Improving results using Google
About this Guide
Our guide is designed to help companies, consultants and agencies review how they setup Google Analytics, also focusing on how you use Google Analytics to get better business results – the missing link in most books and the Google documentation.
- Step 1: Setup and customisation
- Step 2: Marketing Campaign tracking
- Step 3: Working with reports to find opportunities and problems
- Step 4: Understanding your visitors
- Step 5: Improving reach
- Step 6: Improving journeys and site engagement
- Step 7: Improving conversion to lead and sale
About this guide
This guide explains attribution and the business need for it and reviews different alternative channel attribution models. It also Shows where to find the reports in Google Analytics and how to interpret them Gives practical steps for applying attribution.
- Step 1: Understanding Attribution
- Step 2: Why is Attribution Modelling important
- Step 3: Which models to use and how to visualise data
- Step 4: Mistakes to avoid
- Step 5: The limitations of media attribution
- Step 6: A process for using it in practice
- Step 7: Resources
About this guide
The purpose of the Smart Insights dashboard is to help managers to complete a regular weekly or monthly review of the current effectiveness of their digital marketing using Google Analytics with Google Docs Spreadsheets. We use this combination ourselves in our monthly reporting! The dashboard makes it easy to compare digital marketing performance through time with a focus on the key digital marketing measures across the customer lifecycle or marketing funnel defined across the Smart Insights RACE planning framework.
- RACE KPI Dashboard for reviewing Key Metrics at a Glance
- Channel Breakdown to review more in-depth statistics for each channel
- Set up and configuration Instructions.