Free digital marketing plan template
Our popular marketing planning template built on the Smart Insights RACE planning system
How will this template help me and my business?
Do you have an integrated digital marketing strategy? Our research shows that many businesses don't have a structured digital marketing plan, yet they are doing digital marketing.
This popular template will give you a structure for applying the RACE framework to help you rapidly create an integrated digital marketing plan for your business.
About our Digital Marketing Planning Template
This marketing plan template is our most popular download. It's based on our Content Director, Dave Chaffey's fifteen plus years experience of creating and reviewing digital marketing plans for companies small and large across many sectors.
Our marketing plan template shows you:
- A simple structure using the acclaimed Smart Insights RACE planning system
- Key strategic activities to manage digital for each part of RACE are summarised on 1 page under Opportunity, Strategy and Action
- Created by Dr Dave Chaffey, author of Digital Marketing Planning: Strategy, Implementation and Practice, first published in 2001 and now in its 6th edition.
Who is this template for?
This download is for anyone involved with shaping future digital marketing direction for their business or their clients, including:
- Company owners and directors or heads of marketing or digital
- CMOs, marketing managers and digital marketing managers
- Consultants or agency account managers
How is the plan structured?
The template is structured around our simple RACE Planning framework giving a one-page summary checklist of key online marketing activities for each part of RACE structured under the headings of Opportunity > Strategy > Action.
- Introduction. How to use this RACE Planning Template
- PLAN. Create a digital marketing strategy
- REACH. Grow your audience online
- ACT. Encourage brand interactions and leads
- CONVERT. Increase online and offline sales through optimization
- ENGAGE. Build customer loyalty and advocacy
- Resources. Tools to help you create and implement your plans
- Resource format: 9 page template packed structured around our RACE planning framework
- Recommended related resources: 7 Steps to creating a digital marketing strategy guide, companion Word digital marketing plan workbook and Digital marketing plan example
- Resource author: Dr. Dave Chaffey
About the author
Dr. Dave Chaffey
Dave is co-founder and content director of Smart Insights. He is editor of the 100+ templates, ebooks and courses in the digital marketing resource library created by our team of 25+ Digital Marketing experts. Our resources used by our premium members in more than 80 countries to Map, Plan and Manage their digital marketing.
For my full profile, or to connect on LinkedIn or other social networks, see the About Dave Chaffey profile page on Smart Insights. Dave is author of 5 bestselling books on digital marketing including Digital Marketing Excellence and Digital Marketing: Strategy, Implementation and Practice. In 2004 he was recognised by the Chartered Institute of Marketing as one of 50 marketing ‘gurus’ worldwide who have helped shape the future of marketing.