Multichannel retail proposition audit and competitor benchmarking template
Review the effectiveness of e-commerce propositions using this Excel spreadsheet
How will this template help me and my business?
This template is for online retailers who want to review and improve the effectiveness of their e-commerce site capability, including how they integrate with the other channels which are part of today's omnichannel retail.
What does the competitor benchmarking template include?
The template is an Excel spreadsheet structured around a review of five key factors: Price, Range, Information, Convenience and Experience which make up the multichannel e-commerce proposition. It features:
- Read Me worksheet with instructions on how to benchmark effectiveness.
- Proposition worksheet where you can benchmark your capability and rate your effectiveness compared to up to three competitors across PRICE broken down into sub sections, e.g. price position, maintenance and monitoring, deals.
- A customer worksheet where you can vary the weighting of the importance of different PRICE factors for different personas.
- A results worksheet using Radar charts to show the rating of the proposition compared to competitors.
- A calculations and reference data sheet - for review of how the model works, not for editing.
- Author: Chris Jones
- Format: Excel spreadsheet for auditing e-commerce capabilities
- Related templates: Ecommerce sales optimisation spreadsheet, Digital marketing strategy benchmark and Persona toolkit
About the author
Chris Jones, Independent Multichannel Retail Strategy and Solutions consultant, formally of Redsock Management. You can connect with him on LinkedIn.