Campaign timeline/project plan template and example
Create a schedule for your marketing campaign
How will this integrated campaign planning template help me and my business?
When planning a marketing campaign today, there are so many paid, owned and earned media channels that it can be difficult to know which activities you need to schedule in to create a well-integrated campaign that has the best chance to deliver results.
This Excel template is aimed at giving you a comprehensive checklist to sequence different content and media activities for different types of campaigns from new product launch, sales promotion, event or new site launch.
With so many different content assets and channels needing management in modern campaigns, planning them in is essential. Sometimes activities such as re-targeting, welcome nurture campaigns, campaign tracking or AB testing of landing pages can be missed. You can amend this template to create your campaign plans for different time periods and use as a 'best practice' example checklist for activities you should consider.
Who is it for?
The template is aimed to help marketers involved with planning and scheduling content-led inbound marketing campaigns within a company or at an agency.
How is the template structured?
This spreadsheet has three worksheets for you to amend:
- A ‘Read me’ worksheet explains how to use the other worksheets by assigning responsibilities for different members in your team or agency. You also set the campaign start date here.
- The Integration plan worksheet gives a top-level summary of campaign structure to help ensure paid, owned, and earned media channels are reviewed and selected as relevant. Activities are structured around the Smart Insights RACE planning framework.
- A more detailed Campaign activity plan worksheet has full details of what needs to be signed off and reviewed. Activities are structured around the six sections of our campaign briefing Word template.
- The Annual plan worksheet helps you create a top-level timeline of all main communications activities to help with forward planning.
- Authors: Jill Quick and Dave Chaffey
- Format: Excel spreadsheet – you can amend for your business or clients
- Related templates: Marketing campaign plan brief Word template – this Word document is for creating a written plan or brief and you may also find this editorial/content planning template and product launch playbook useful.
About the authors
Jill Quick is a Digital Marketing Trainer and Consultant at Quick Marketing and co founder of The Coloring in Department. A candid and experienced marketer who loves to teach you not just how to “get” digital marketing in theory, but how to actually DO it.
Dr. Dave Chaffey
Dave is co-founder and content director of Smart Insights. He is editor of the 100 templates, ebooks and courses in the digital marketing resource library created by our team of 25+ Digital Marketing experts. Our resources used by our members in more than 100 countries to Map, Plan and Manage their digital marketing.
For his full profile, or to connect on LinkedIn or other social networks, see the About Dave Chaffey profile page on Smart Insights. Dave is author of 5 bestselling books on digital marketing including Digital Marketing Excellence and Digital Marketing: Strategy, Implementation and Practice. In 2004 he was recognised by the Chartered Institute of Marketing as one of 50 marketing ‘gurus’ worldwide who have helped shape the future of marketing.
Access this resource now
Individual and Business members get full access to this and 10 other guides in the Marketing campaign planning Toolkit.Learn more about membership Already an Individual or Business member?
Login here Look Inside