Content marketing playbook
Quickly review and optimize your content marketing strategy and tactics with our playbook
How will this playbook help me and my business?
Now that most marketers appreciate that content marketing is at the heart of digital marketing, it's becoming more difficult to make your content marketing effective. Competing in content marketing needs an approach where you work to a plan to develop more engaging content than your competitors and work hard to continuously improve this.
This playbook centers around a checklist that will help you understand what needs to go in your content marketing strategy and how you can optimize your content marketing plans.
What does the content marketing playbook checklist cover?
Our checklist will help you review your approach to content marketing since it features:
- 20 factors to create effective content marketing (with a short description of each)
- Success factors grouped to reflect the 7 steps of our Content Marketing Strategy guide
- Links to our Digital Marketing Learning Paths - held on our interactive e-learning platform - as well as supporting guides and templates to help you define your content strategy
In our research, our members told us that they love the comprehensive explanations and recommendations in the Strategy Guides in our channel toolkits. But they also say that shorter checklists would also be useful to help them review and plan their tactics better. We listened and created our ‘playbooks’ – aimed at helping you rapidly create a plan.
This resource from Dr. Dave Chaffey is a playbook. It consists of a checklist of 20 factors that you should manage for better results from content marketing – which fuels SEO, social media marketing and, ultimately, conversions.
- Author: Dr. Dave Chaffey
- Format: A playbook containing a checklist of 20 factors you should be managing for better results from content marketing – which fuels SEO, social media marketing and, ultimately, conversions.
- Related resources:
- Content marketing toolkit – guides and templates to help you create a content marketing strategy
- Content Marketing Learning Path – an interactive e-learning course focussed on improving your content marketing activities
About the author
Dr. Dave Chaffey
Dave is co-founder of Smart Insights and creator of the Smart Insights RACE planning framework. For his full profile, or to connect on LinkedIn or other social networks, see the About Dave Chaffey profile page on Smart Insights. Dave is author of 5 bestselling books on digital marketing including Digital Marketing Excellence and Digital Marketing: Strategy, Implementation and Practice. In 2004 he was recognised by the Chartered Institute of Marketing as one of 50 marketing ‘gurus’ worldwide who have helped shape the future of marketing.
Access this resource now
All Paid memberships have full access to this and 211 other guides in the Content marketing Toolkit.Learn more about membership Already an paid member?