Q4 2017 Online Marketing Benchmarks statistics compilation
Our compilation of the best quality benchmarks across all digital marketing activities to help you review and improve your online marketing
How will this guide help me and my business?
“How do we compare?”, “What does good look like?” and “What is the gap, the potential for improving results” are questions we hear a lot as marketers look to improve the performance of different channels and platforms.
We spend hours each month reviewing the latest, high-quality statistics sources to inform approaches to digital marketing so you don't have to!
We have compiled our benchmarks report from the best sources available and they're in Powerpoint with the source, sample and date clearly marked, so they can easily be added to your presentation as a credible source to make the case to colleagues or clients to prioritise investment in digital media and technology.
Who is this guide for?
The guide is aimed at helping anyone who has to present to colleagues or clients to make the case for more or different investment in digital marketing.
The guide format is Powerpoint slides - to enable you to easily add charts to your presentations without wasting time looking for the very latest good quality freely available insights. It contains over 100 slides from the highest quality benchmarking sources available.
To save you time in searching for the latest, most reliable online marketing benchmarks, our digital marketing statistics compilation gives you a single source of the latest and most reliable sources to help you compare your investments in digital channels and your performance against others.
How is the statistics benchmark structured?
This template is structured around the RACE planning framework for engaging customers through different touchpoints of developing a relationship. It covers these benchmarks:
- Media mix – % investment in different types of paid, owned and earned media and referrer mix in diferent sectors
- Display media – benchmarks of cost and quality
- Search engine marketing – SEO and Adwords clickthrough rates depending on position in the Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs)
- Site engagement – Engagement with site on initial visit using bounce rate, dwell time and pages per visit metrics
- Lead generation benchmarks – review conversion to lead and lead quality
Conversion rates for add-to-cart, checkout conversion and overall conversion with breakouts for…
- Mobile platforms – Smartphone and tablet conversion compared to desktop
- Channel – Variations in conversion for different media in reach
- Category – How conversion varies by different country
- Social media marketing – Engagement of brands with their audiences in social media, power of influencers
- Email marketing – Engagement with email – delivery, open rate and clickthrough rate
- Resource format: 100+ page PDF download packed with examples and checklists
- Recommended related resources: Online Marketing Statistics Compilation: Consumer and Business usage – covers consumer growth in usage of digital platforms and channels
- Resource author: Dr Dave Chaffey
About the author
Dave is co-founder of Smart Insights. He is editor of the 100+ templates, ebooks and courses in the digital marketing resource library created by our team of 25+ Digital Marketing experts. Our resources used by our members in more than 100 countries to Plan, Manage and Optimize their digital marketing.
For my full profile, or to connect on LinkedIn or other social networks, see the About Dave Chaffey profile page on Smart Insights. Dave is author of 5 bestselling books on digital marketing including Digital Marketing Excellence and Digital Marketing: Strategy, Implementation and Practice. In 2004 he was recognised by the Chartered Institute of Marketing as one of 50 marketing ‘gurus’ worldwide who have helped shape the future of marketing.
Individual or Business members get full access to this and 18 other guides in the Digital Marketing Strategy and Planning Toolkit.Learn more about membership Already an Individual or Business member?
Login here Look Inside