Digital Marketing E-learning course
Create and implement a Digital Marketing Plan using our comprehensive E-learning module
How will our Digital Marketing E-learning programme help me and my business?
This interactive online course will help you rapidly learn the fundamentals of successful digital marketing and step you through how to create structured plan to grow your business using digital marketing.
Unlike many e-learning courses for digital marketing which can be academic, superficial or not that actionable, our course is designed to be super-practical – as you complete each topic, you will create a Digital Strategy or Plan for your business or your clients using our Digital Strategy Workbook. This isn't a top-level introductory course – it drills down into the 25 key activities you need to get right to create a complete digital marketing strategy.
As you work through each topic in the course we will recommend the most relevant member resources so you can download these to get more practical details and examples as you need them. The learning objectives for this digital marketing elearning course are to help learners:
- Create a structured digital marketing plan and budget
- Identify the correct measures to set objectives and evaluate digital marketing
- Review and prioritise the strategic options for boosting customer acquisition, conversion and retention using digital marketing
- Understand and follow the practical success factors to improve results from digital marketing
Who is this course for?
The course is aimed at managers within a business who are responsible for developing vision, strategy and direction for improving the contribution of digital marketing to a business. This includes:
- Marketing managers
- Digital marketing managers
- Ecommerce managers
- Agency owners
People in these roles often have good levels of experience in traditional marketing, but may have varied levels of knowledge about digital marketing.
It's also popular with marketers in more junior roles who are looking to expand their knowledge of digital marketing roles with a view to gaining a more senior role with overall responsibility for digital marketing, or in an agency role, client account management. Typical roles here include:
- Marketing Exec or Digital marketing exec
- Digital marketing specialist (e.g. Search, Social or Display)
- Brand or product managers
- Career changers who are looking to specialise in digital marketing
Quality mark: Accreditation for Continued Professional Development (CPD)
The Smart Insights Digital Marketing Planning training course has been independently assessed and accredited by the CPD Standards Office (most recent assessment in 2016), so you can be confident that the quality of the learning and assessment experience has been audited and recognised for its quality. If you are following a CPD programme you can assign 40 hours of the course to CPD when you complete our elearning course.
How is our e-learning structured?
This course is structured around the Smart Insights RACE planning framework, so it’s designed to cover all the different digital marketing activities every business needs to succeed in their digital marketing
RACE covers the full customer lifecycle or marketing funnel to achieve these goals:
Plan > Reach > Act > Convert > Engage
The initial phase, ‘Plan’ involving creating the overall digital strategy, objective setting and roadmap.
For each part of RACE we have defined 5 key digital marketing activities to help brands improve results throughout the customer lifecycle. The course is structured around these.
What will I get from completing this Elearning course?
The RACE Digital Marketing planning course and the companion digital plan workbook are designed to help you develop an actionable digital marketing plan that will help your business grow.
A digital marketing strategy with a well thought out plan will help you get great results from digital, and prevent you wasting time with ineffective tactics.
As you work through each unit in this module you will cover 5 x 5 = 25 numbered topics covering best practice for all activities involved with creating a digital plan.
The topics will be marked off in green when you review them after completing an optional quiz.
To prove your new and existing knowledge and experience of digital marketing, there is an optional drag and drop quiz ‘Final Assessment for Qualification‘ drawing on optional questions at the end of each topic.
- Your tutor: Dr. Dave Chaffey, author of the best-selling books: Digital Marketing: Strategy, Implementation and Practice and Emarketing Excellence
- Format: Interactive E-learning course with strategy recommendations, best practice tips, examples and quizzes. Structured around the RACE framework – start at the beginning or go straight to the digital marketing technique you need to improve.
- Certification: If you complete the optional interactive questions in each topic and score more than 70% in the final optional test you can download a certificate to prove your knowledge of digital marketing. The course is accredited for the quality of the learning experience and assessment by the independent CPD Standards Office as explained in the section on accredited.
- Note: This E-learning course doesn’t require you to sit through lengthy videos or page-turning, instead, it’s based on 25 key easy to scan activities within RACE to make it more rapid to apply.
About the author
Dr. Dave Chaffey
Dave is co-CEO and co-founder of Smart Insights. He is editor of the 100+ templates, ebooks and courses in the digital marketing resource library created by our team of 25+ Digital Marketing experts. Our resources used by our members in more than 100 countries to Plan, Manage and Optimize their digital marketing.
For my full profile, or to connect on LinkedIn or other social networks, see the About Dave Chaffey profile page on Smart Insights. Dave is author of 5 bestselling books on digital marketing including Digital Marketing Excellence and Digital Marketing: Strategy, Implementation and Practice. In 2004 he was recognised by the Chartered Institute of Marketing as one of 50 marketing ‘gurus’ worldwide who have helped shape the future of marketing.
Individual or Business members get full access to this and 17 other guides in the Digital Marketing Strategy and Planning Toolkit.Learn more about membership Already an Individual or Business member?
Login here Look Inside