Includes templates, ready-to-use strategy documents, step-by-step guides and resources that will help you create optimized strategies that deliver HUGE results.
- Content strategy
About this Guide
We believe creating engaging content is one of the most powerful online marketing techniques available today, it underpins many of your online marketing efforts including SEO, Paid search marketing, Social media marketing, Email marketing and Conversion rate optimisation.
This guide shows you both how to develop a strategy to deploy content across all your online marketing and gives practical tips to make it happen.
- ONE. Content Marketing capability audit and setting goals
- TWO. Define audiences and personas
- THREE. Create your content marketing strategy
- FOUR. Editorial management
- FIVE. Create compelling content for your content hub
- SIX. Content distribution
- SEVEN. Evaluate and measure ROI
- Content management
About the guide
Engaging influencers is now a key marketing tactic to expand your reach and awareness through integrating with your content marketing, social media and SEO activities.
This practical guide shows you how to use tools to find and interact with influencers on the best social media platforms for outreach, that’s Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook. It also advises on Google+.
- Different types of influencers
- How to identify and monitor influencers using Twitter and LinkedIn
- 7 Free tools for researching and monitoring influencers
- Engaging with influencers and converting them into brand advocates
- Other social networks
- Planning content updates to influencers
- Case studies
About this Guide
This guide will help you plan and manage your content marketing, showing you a wide range of processes and tools to help shape your content marketing strategy. The sections of the guide are focused on practical approaches and tools which are tried and tested processes to assist content marketing.
As with other Smart Insights guides, it will act as a checklist, with each section including it own mini checklists, tips and useful tools to help you avoid common pitfalls and ultimately execute a content marketing plan that helps grow an audience who are encouraged to convert.
- Audience Research: methods to find out more about your current audience, and your potential audience.
- Establishing Content Standards: getting stakeholders to agree on a set brand essence, message architecture and the creation of an editorial style guide.
- Content Auditing: using SEO auditing techniques, methods to make your qualitative and quantitive audits
- Establishing Information Architecture: building consistent categories and tags to help shape your content.
- Defining an Editorial Plan: structuring what kind of content you aim to publish, and who will do that.
- Executing an Editorial Plan: how to regularly review your content marketing and effective tools for planning in the short-term.
- Managing Outreach: how to get your content to meet the right influencers and be shared.
- Content scheduling
About this guide
This template will give you more control over your content marketing approach to help provide consistency and quality in your content and align the team. It Gives you a framework and process to plan and manage the creation of content.
- Operational calendar
- Timeline calendar
- Content themes calendar
- Content evaluation
About the Guide
According to the Content Marketing Institute (CMI), which publishes a yearly summary on the state of content marketing, as many as 90% of marketers are experimenting with content marketing, yet fewer than 50 per cent of marketers feel confident in the effectiveness of their content marketing.
This guide is aimed at helping you improve your confidence in the value of content marketing by stepping you through a range of techniques to help marketers evaluate and prove their content effectiveness. These techniques will help you to prove to your colleagues or clients which content types and distribution techniques are most effective.
- An introduction to ROI calculation.
- Setting content goals and metrics.
- Calculating the cost of content.
- Calculating Content ROI.
- Content marketing analysis and reporting techniques.
About the Guide
Learn concepts, tips and tricks at your desk to make your online copy work harder. This practical course will help you improve all aspects of online copy from web to social media to email marketing.
Your tutor for this course is Mark Brownlow, who is the Smart Insights Expert commentator on Email marketing who is actively involved in creating copy for clients.
- Introduction: This module will help you understand the core principles of effective online copywriting.
- How to structure content for impact and attention: Covers the inverted pyramid, the benefits of short vs long copy, headlines, text structure and highlighting.
- Product and service descriptions: Examples and tips for making your products seem indispensable.
- Improving your Calls-to-Action: The what, why and how for effective CTAs.
- Improving short-form content: Improving short-form updates with a special focus on Twitter social media updates.
- Copywriting for Email marketing: Writing emails that gets opens and clicks.