RACE Practical Digital Strategy Learning Path
Learn how to create and implement an integrated omnichannel marketing plan
How will this Learning Path help me and my business?
This structured e-learning activity will help you or your team to implement digital marketing practices effectively within your organization by planning, managing and optimizing your digital media, digital experiences and digital data.
What is a Learning Path?
Smart Insight’s Learning Paths are our unique interactive online training courses which explain concepts, give examples and test understanding.
Unlike many online e-learning courses, each module is self-contained, so you can quickly access guidance to help improve your marketing activities.
Our Learning Paths are integrated with downloadable templates to help you audit your performance, set forecasts and create action plans. Each Learning Path includes different types of example templates in Excel, Powerpoint and Word from our resource library to help you create your action plans as you work through the Learning Path.
Common modules are shared between Learning Paths to avoid duplication of learning material. You can also complete the full Learning Path to earn a CPDSO certification.
We appreciate finding time for skills development is a challenge. Our Learning Paths enable training to be bite-sized, engaging and - crucially - results orientated. When combined with our suite of templates, you’ll soon be taking your marketing activities to the next level.
Accredited learning activities with the Continuing Professional Development Standards Office (CPDSO)
Each Smart Insights Learning Path has been independently assessed and accredited by the CPD Standards Office, so you can be confident that the quality of the learning and assessment experience has been audited and recognized for its quality.
Members who successfully complete this Learning Path have the ability to implement an integrated digital strategy and implementation plan as part of a wider strategic initiative.
Once you have completed a Learning Path, send an email to [email protected] to request your CPD certificate.
- Recognising the success factors of an effective digital marketing strategy.
- Structure a plan using SOSTAC® and the RACE Framework.
- Define audience personas and assess the customer journey.
- Review your current digital marketing capabilities and benchmark competitors using RACE and implement the plan through search, social media and email marketing to achieve your goals
- Define investments in digital customer experience with an online value proposition that improves customer onboarding, growth, service and success.
- Create a RACE Framework dashboard for digital reporting incorporating Google Analytics goals.
How is the Learning Path structured?
The Learning Path is separated into these topics and modules:
Topic 1 - Practical Strategy – Plan
- Digital strategy success factors
- Structure a plan using SOSTAC®
- Structure a plan using the RACE Framework
- Create a digital SWOT using RACE
- Define audience personas
- Assess audience customer journeys
- Competitor benchmarking with RACE
- Set digital marketing goals and objectives
- Defining Google Analytics goals
Topic 2 - Practical Strategy – Reach
- Review media performance
- Select search marketing investments
- Influencer marketing
- Paid media investment
- Define acquisition budget and plan
- Create a digital marketing reporting dashboard
- How to use campaign tracking in Google Analytics
Topic 3 - Practical Strategy – Act
- Improve website customer journeys
- Define data capture and profiling
- Define content marketing strategy
- Define landing pages
- Define campaign budget
- Define data capture and profiling
- Define campaign timeline
Topic 4 - Practical Strategy – Convert
- Set up email nurture and retargeting
- Set up ad retargeting
- Web personalization
- Multichannel selling
- Conversion optimization
Topic 5 - Practical Strategy – Engage
- Customer onboarding and growth
- Improve digital customer experience
- Customer service and success
- Use email to support marketing campaigns
- Use social media to support marketing campaigns
- Post-campaign review
Roles who will find this Learning Path useful
- Company owners and directors working for smaller businesses
- Managers responsible for increasing the contribution of digital channels in their organization, including Digital Director and digital marketing managers
- Heads of marketing including CMO, VP of Marketing, Chief Customer Officer, and Marketing Director
- Digital marketing managers or marketing executives or specialists responsible for email marketing
- Consultants or agency account managers
Membership options include access to Learning Paths and much more.Membership Options Already a Starter member? Login here