Learn about the principles and best practices for setting up a simple A/B test and a broader CRO programme
Conversion rate optimization or ‘CRO’ for short, is aimed at getting more from your media investments by increasing leads or sales from visitors to your site. You may know of it as ‘A/B testing’ where different versions of a page are served to visitors to see whether conversion rate can be increased.
In this module you will discover why running regular controlled experiments or a CRO programme of structured tests can improve your website conversion rates.
Google’s Optimize was our recommended A/B testing tool, but since Google announced it would be withdrawn in 2023 we have had to look for other alternatives. This module contains updated tools you can use to test with GA4.
You can use our conversion optimization planner template to prioritize and manage your tests.
How is the Learning Path structured?
- What is CRO?
- What is A/B or split testing?
- What is multivariate testing (MVT)?
- Which tools can be used to run tests?
- Setting up a structured testing programme
- Understand the principles of A/B testing
- Devise a process for setting up a CRO programme