Defining Google Analytics goals
Learn how to customize Google Analytics goals for a business to use a data-driven approach to your marketing.
Many businesses fail to customize Google Analytics to add goals for outcomes specific to their business.
It helps to know the different types of goals that are available in Google Analytics to show the right types of website marketing outcomes you can report on in dashboards.
In this module you’ll learn about the different types of macro and micro goals that can be set up to customize Google Analytics for your business, including updated guidance on creating Conversion Events in GA4.
Our Google Analytics Setup audit template can be used to review how your goals are set up in Google Analytics.
How is the Learning Path structured?
- Understanding macro and micro goals
- Examples of defining micro and macro goals across RACE
- Why is defining goals important?
- UA – the five types of goals in Google Analytics
- How to create a goal in Google Analytics 4
- E-commerce setup
- Defining goal value
- Review the range of Google Analytics goals, including Event goals that are available to be used for reporting on whether your communications objectives are met
- Understand why and how to assign value to macro goals and review micro goals for non e-commerce sites
This module is in the Google Analytics Learning PathView Learning Path
Membership options include access to Learning Paths and much more.Membership Options Already an Learner/Starter/Pro member?