Assess audience customer journeys
Learn three alternative techniques for creating customer journey maps
Customer journey maps can help bring personas to life and ‘operationalize’ them by making them more applicable to improving content marketing and communications.
This module provides three different high-level techniques for visualizing customer journeys. These are also available in our Customer persona guide and template.
We also have a companion module ‘Improve customer journeys’ in our Digital Experience learning path which provides examples for testing website customer journeys.
- Why are customer journey mapping techniques important?
- Content mapping techniques
- Technique 1: Marketplace mapping
- Technique 2: Customer journey mapping
- Technique 3: Detailed content mapping Test your understanding Summary
- Develop a marketplace map summarizing the types of media and websites that can be used to reach and influence a persona
- Define a simple customer journey map relating stages in the buying process to media channels and content consumption
- Produce a content to communications map that relates relevant content to communication goals