Campaign Planning Learning Path
Use a data-driven approach to create campaign plans that consistently deliver quality digital marketing results
How will this Learning Path help me and my business?
This structured e-learning activity will help you or your team brief and create integrated inbound marketing campaigns for maximizing campaign reach, interaction, response and ROI. The included templates can then be used to apply the learning to your own campaigns.
What is a Learning Path?
Smart Insight’s Learning Paths are our unique interactive online training courses which explain concepts, give examples and test understanding.
Unlike many online e-learning courses, each module is self-contained, so you can quickly access guidance to help improve your marketing activities.
Common modules are shared between Learning Paths to avoid duplication of learning material. You can also complete the full Learning Path to earn a CPDSO certification.
We appreciate finding time for skills development is a challenge. Our Learning Paths enable training to be bite-sized, engaging and - crucially - results orientated. When combined with our suite of templates, you’ll soon be taking your marketing activities to the next level.
Accredited learning activities with the Continuing Professional Development Standards Office (CPDSO)
Each Smart Insights Learning Path has been independently assessed and accredited by the CPD Standards Office, so you can be confident that the quality of the learning and assessment experience has been audited and recognized for its quality.
Members who successfully complete this Learning Path have the ability to create integrated inbound marketing campaigns for maximizing campaign reach, interaction, response and ROI using a structured approach.
Once you have completed a Learning Path, send an email to [email protected] to request your CPD certificate.
- Structure a campaign plan and select campaign types for 'always-on' activity.
- Make a case for a standardized campaign plan by setting digital marketing goals and objectives and forecast results and ROI for digital marketing activities.
- Define Google Analytics goals and define and standardize campaign tracking codes for a business in Google Analytics.
- Develop a campaign offer and big idea and define message hierarchies.
- Select effective media investments and define campaign budgets and timelines.
- Define content marketing strategy and landing pages through data capture and profiling.
- Set up email nurture and email and ad retargeting for conversion optimization.
- Use email and social media to support a marketing campaign.
- Conduct a post-campaign review.
How is the Learning Path structured?
The Learning Path is separated into these topics and modules:
Topic 1 - Introduction to Campaign Planning
- How to structure a campaign plan
- Selecting campaign types and ‘always-on’ activity
- Making the case for a standardized campaign plan
Topic 2 - Plan – Campaign goals and tracking
- Set digital marketing goals and objectives
- Forecast results and ROI for digital marketing activities
- Defining Google Analytics goals
- How to use campaign tracking in Google Analytics
- Define standard campaign tracking codes for a business
Topic 3 - Plan – Customer insights and target audience
- Define audience personas
- Define audience psychographics
- Research personas
- Assess audience customer journeys
Topic 4 - Plan – Offer, content and messaging
- Campaign offer and big idea
- Define message hierarchies
Topic 5 - Reach – Media plan, schedule and timeline
- Select media investments
- Define campaign budget
- Define campaign timeline
Topic 6 - Act – Encouraging interaction and participation
- Define data capture and profiling
- Define content marketing strategy
- Define landing pages
Topic 7 - Convert – Retarget and optimize
- Set up email nurture and retargeting
- Set up ad retargeting
- Conversion optimization
Topic 8 - Engage – Encourage sharing, review effectiveness
- Use email to support a marketing campaign
- Use social media to support a marketing campaign
- Post campaign review
Roles who will find this Learning Path useful
- Company owners and directors working for smaller businesses
- Heads of marketing including CMO, VP of Marketing, Chief Customer Officer, and Marketing Director seeking to review the marketing campaign planning process
- Marketing and digital marketing manager and marketing executives involved with briefing and implementing campaigns
- Consultants or agency account managers working with clients on campaigns
Membership options include access to Learning Paths and much more.Membership Options Already a Starter member? Login here