Forecast results and ROI for digital marketing activities
Learn how to create a realistic forecast for your digital marketing activities
Forecasting the response you will get from an investment in marketing should be an essential part of planning different communication activities.
The ultimate aim of creating a forecast is to predict a monetary return on investment (ROI) on marketing activities to determine whether the activity is worthwhile and to control media costs.
In this module, we explain how our digital marketing planning spreadsheet template can be used to create forecasts.
How is the Learning Path structured?
- What is forecasting?
- Why is forecasting important?
- How is Return on Investment calculated?
- Allowable cost per acquisition and allowable cost per click
- Pay-per-click ROI spreadsheet example
- Complex example on forecasting return on investment
- How to use the Smart Insights digital marketing planning sheet for forecasting
- Apply the marketing outcomes and value generated from creating a new website or feature
- Apply the awareness, response and value generated from a marketing campaign
- Apply the business benefits of implementing a digital strategy or transformation plan