Digital Experience Learning Path
Use a data-driven approach to improve the effectiveness of a company website
How will this Learning Path help me and my business?
This structured e-learning activity will help you or your team understand how to use a data-driven approach for reviewing the effectiveness of a company desktop and mobile website and how this can improve its contribution to the organization.
What is a Learning Path?
Smart Insight’s Learning Paths are our unique interactive online training courses which explain concepts, give examples and test understanding.
Unlike many online e-learning courses, each module is self-contained, so you can quickly access guidance to help improve your marketing activities.
Common modules are shared between Learning Paths to avoid duplication of learning material. You can also complete the full Learning Path to earn a CPDSO certification.
We appreciate finding time for skills development is a challenge. Our Learning Paths enable training to be bite-sized, engaging and - crucially - results orientated. When combined with our suite of templates, you’ll soon be taking your marketing activities to the next level.
Accredited learning activities with the Continuing Professional Development Standards Office (CPDSO)
Each Smart Insights Learning Path has been independently assessed and accredited by the CPD Standards Office, so you can be confident that the quality of the learning and assessment experience has been audited and recognized for its quality.
Members who successfully complete this Learning Path have the ability to review and implement changes to websites and mobile apps to improve the digital experience for visitors.
- Identify the benefits of a customer-centric approach to website design and optimization.
- Review the effectiveness of your website against benchmarks and other organizations.
- Identify improvements to your website for use across multiple devices.
- Structure your website to improve the customer journey and improve your goals and conversion rate.
- Identify how to improve your approach to optimizing the effectiveness of your forms, checkout, product and category pages, by reviewing your company site to enhance its effectiveness and increase customer engagement
- Understand different types of insights you can generate using reports available in Google Analytics to support improvement decisions.
How is the Learning Path structured?
The Learning Path is separated into these topics and modules:
Topic 1 - Discover opportunities to improve experiences
- Opportunities for improving digital experiences
- Improve digital customer experience
- Learn the latest digital experience developments
Topic 2 - Set website goals
- Set digital marketing goals and objectives
- Forecast results and ROI for digital marketing activities
- Defining Google Analytics goals
Topic 3 - Increase customer-centricity through research
- Define audience personas
- Define audience psychographics
- Research personas
- Understanding consumer keyword search behaviour
- Improve website customer journeys
- Define data capture and profiling
- Improving category pages
- Improving product pages
- Improving basket, checkout and form completion
Topic 4 - Improve website content
- Complete a content audit
- Understanding the latest SEO ranking factors
- Define content marketing strategy
- Practical blogging techniques
- Online copywriting essentials
Topic 5 - Improve website conversion
- Conversion optimization
- Mobile and multiscreen usability
- Breakdown of visits from mobile and desktop devices
- Define landing pages
- Assess audience customer journeys
- Improving homepage effectiveness
- Define Digital Value Proposition
- Review Martech stack investment
- Multichannel selling
Roles who will find this Learning Path useful
- Company owners and directors
- Managers responsible for increasing the contribution of digital channels in their organization, including Digital Director and digital marketing managers
- Heads of marketing including CMO, VP of Marketing, Chief Customer Officer, and Marketing Director
- Marketing executives or specialists
- Consultants or agency account managers