Improving results from your website guide
Use a structured review to increase leads, sales and satisfaction from your site
How will this 7 Steps guide help me and my business?
It's difficult to get the right balance on a website between the visual design, user experience, content, marketing persuasion and SEO. Many businesses fail since they don't use a balanced approach, creating an experience which fails many visitors and fails to generate the leads and sales it could.
This guide helps you to get the balance right, through explaining many inspiring examples of best practices from different sectors including B2B, retail Ecommerce, travel and financial services.
All touchpoints on the customer journey are covered from home page, category and product pages, utility pages, forms and checkout. We also show how to review and improve performance using your Google Analytics and surveying customers.
This guide shows you:
- How to improve your website design, messaging and content to get better results
- How to audit your site, using an expert review to identify quick wins and other improvements
- Changes to consider for your home page and other key pages to increase conversion
- The best way to get your message across
- How to use Google Analytics to increase leads and sales from your site
- Workbook format makes it quick to review and decide on the changes you need to make to improve your online marketing results.
Who is the guide for?
This guide is designed to help anyone charged with boosting results from a website. Its primary focus is conversion rate optimization, so it will be most useful to ecommerce marketers who convert their customers on site. However, it does have sections designed to be useful to those who convert their customers offline. It’s designed specifically for:
- Ecommerce marketers looking to improve conversion rate
- CRO consultants
- B2B marketers, especially those that convert their leads on-site.
- Small business owners who manage their website and need to increase the number of leads or conversions.
How is this guide structured?
The 7 steps are:
- Step 1 What do we want our site to deliver?
- Step 2 Making your site customer-centric
- Step 3 Improving user journeys
- Step 4 Improving your home page
- Step 5 Improving category and product pages
- Step 6 Improving checkout and on-site lead forms
- Step 7 Site optimisation using Google Analytics
- Author: Dave Chaffey and Ecommerce consultant James Gurd
- Format: PDF E-book with examples, recommendations and checklists to make it quick to scan
- Related guides: Customer Persona Toolkit, Ecommerce Design pattern bible, Landing page improvement, Google Analytics and Mobile marketing guides
About the Authors of the 7 Steps to success guide:
Dr Dave Chaffey is the editor of all Smart Insights resources. He has advised on SEO since he created his first site in 1997 when Altavista was the leading search engine and he switched to Google in ‘99. Ten years ago he ran the first SEO training courses for the Chartered Institute of Marketing and for several years was the tutor on the Econsultancy Advanced SEO course and also created the original Econsultancy Best Practice guide to SEO. Today his main SEO focus is improving organic search results for Smart Insights and our resources for subscribers.
James is an Ecommerce consultant and owner of Digital Juggler, an E-commerce andDigital Marketing consultancy helping retailers develop, execute and evolve E-commerce strategies and optimise their digital channel. With a background as a Head of E-commerce and also agency side as Head of Client Development, he has experienced life on both sides of the fence. He has helped companies like A&N Media, Sweaty Betty and Smythson to manage RFP/ITT proposals. and been lead consultant on high profile projects for Econsultancy, Salmon and Greenwich Consulting.
Individual or Business members get full access to this and 6 other guides in the Digital Experience Management Toolkit.Learn more about membership Already an Individual or Business member?
Login here Look Inside