Design a welcome email journey
Learn 20 features you can use for your first welcome email and 10 additional options to make follow-up nurture emails more effective
What will I learn?
In this Quick Win from email marketing experts Jenna Tiffany and Dave Chaffey you will learn:
- 20 essential features of the perfect welcome email
- How to review the effectiveness of your existing mails
- How to expand your welcome programme into a welcome journey
- 10 options for different emails in a welcome sequence
- Techniques to review and improve your welcome emails
How is this Quick Win structured?
Thinking about the situation our members may be in with their emails, we have taken the common situation where you might have no welcome email or just a single email you are looking to make work harder. Or you may be looking to start or improve a series of emails. So, there are two main parts of this quick win, i.e. we look at improving your first email first and then go onto look at the whole sequence.
- You can use our 7 Steps guide to successful Email marketing for a complete review of your email communications and to understand basic concepts of targeting and the CRITICAL factors for success.
- Also in our Email marketing toolkit and of direct relevance is this spreadsheet to map out your welcome sequence. We’ll explain it more in the Step where we explore a multiple email sequence.
About the authors
Jenna is founder and strategy director at marketing consultancy Let’sTalk Strategy. With over ten years’ marketing experience across all digital channels, within B2B and B2C sectors across a variety of industries, both client side and agency side. Jenna provides strategic marketing consultancy expertise to a wide variety of brands. You can connect with Jenna via LinkedIn.
As the Communications Ambassador for the CIM Greater London regional Board and a member of the DMA’s Email Marketing Council, Jenna’s expertise ranges in working with both small and large brands such as to analyse and develop their key journeys & wider digital marketing activities, developing best in class digital marketing strategies & campaigns to deliver ROI. As a proven thought-leader, competent public speaker and publisher, Jenna can be regularly seen sharing her latest trends and key industry topics.
Dr Dave Chaffey is lead consultant and editor at Smart Insights. He has been recognised as one of 50 marketing ‘gurus’ worldwide who have shaped the future of Marketing by the Chartered Institute of Marketing. He is author of 4 best selling books on digital marketing. He advises companies on digital marketing strategy and implementation through training workshops and consulting delivered to large international organisations like 3M, Barclaycard, HSBC, Mercedes-Benz, Microsoft, M&G Investment, Mars and O2 to smaller companies and startups like Arco, Confused.com, Euroffice and Hornbill.
It would be great to meet on LinkedIn, so please do connect with Dave and let him know any comments or questions.
Access this Quick Win nowLearn more
Individual and Business members get full access to this and 43 other quick wins.Already an Individual or Business member?
Design a welcome email journey