Email Marketing and Automation Learning Path
Improve your email communications and marketing automation using a strategic, data-driven approach and best practices
How will this Learning Path help me and my business?
This structured e-learning activity will help you or your team learn how a strategic approach to email marketing communications and targeting can boost audience engagement and sales. You will also learn practical tips and view examples that will help you to optimize your emails to boost response.
What is a Learning Path?
Smart Insight’s Learning Paths are our unique interactive online training courses which explain concepts, give examples and test understanding.
Unlike many online e-learning courses, each module is self-contained, so you can quickly access guidance to help improve your marketing activities.
Common modules are shared between Learning Paths to avoid duplication of learning material. You can also complete the full Learning Path to earn a CPDSO certification.
We appreciate finding time for skills development is a challenge. Our Learning Paths enable training to be bite-sized, engaging and - crucially - results orientated. When combined with our suite of templates, you’ll soon be taking your marketing activities to the next level.
Accredited learning activities with the Continuing Professional Development Standards Office (CPDSO)
Each Smart Insights Learning Path has been independently assessed and accredited by the CPD Standards Office, so you can be confident that the quality of the learning and assessment experience has been audited and recognized for its quality.
Members who successfully complete this Learning Path have the ability to review the current contribution of email marketing and automation to their organization and then create a plan to improve subscriber engagement and value with activities to manage and optimize email sequences as part of the customer journey.
- Make a case for investment in email marketing and automation by reviewing opportunities and understanding marketing automation options.
- Forecast email campaign response and programme improvement by defining goals and metrics as well as auditing current effectiveness against benchmark performance.
- Review techniques to grow subscribers, increase subscriber engagement and improve email list quality.
- Improve lead nurture, reactivation emails and integration of SMS marketing.
- Review lifecycle automation options and the use of segmentation, targeting and creative optimization to improve the response of different email and newsletter formats.
- Create and agree an email contact strategy and policy and improve pre-broadcast processes and checklists based on best times and frequency for broadcast.
How is the Learning Path structured?
The Learning Path is separated into these topics and modules:
Topic 1 - Discover email marketing and automation opportunities
- Review opportunities for using email for acquisition and retention
- Understand marketing automation opportunities
- Audit email effectiveness
Topic 2 - Setting targets for email marketing
- Goal setting for email
- Review techniques to grow and improve email subscription lists
- Benchmarking email performance
Topic 3 - Improving your use of email and SMS marketing
- Review your use of different email types
- Essential email design elements
- Improve email copywriting
- Create an effective e-newsletter
- Test and optimize subject line effectiveness
- Define data capture and profiling
- Review and improve mobile email effectiveness
- Integrated SMS marketing
Topic 4 - Segmentation and targeting for email
- Segmentation and targeting
- RFM analysis
- Understand the principles of machine learning and AI
Topic 5 - Email frequency and contact strategy
- Review email lifecycle automation options
- Create an email contact strategy
- Lead scoring and grading
Topic 6 - Improve email governance
- Privacy law requirements for digital communications
- Select an email supplier
- Auditing and improving email deliverability
Roles who will find this Learning Path useful
- Company owners and directors working for smaller businesses
- Heads of marketing including CMO, VP of Marketing, Chief Customer Officer, and Marketing Director seeking to review their Email marketing communications strategy
- Digital marketing managers, executives and specialists responsible for email marketing
- Consultants or agency account managers
Access this Learning Path nowLearn more about Individual membership
Individual members get full access to this and 4 other Learning Paths.Already an Individual or Business member?