Privacy law requirements for digital communications
Learn about the general requirements of privacy laws that digital marketers should ensure their communications activities comply with
Most companies and brands will want to comply with these laws for ethical reasons and to ‘do the right thing’ by their customers but, there are also financial penalties.
This module focuses on consumer privacy and data protection laws which affect the main digital marketing channels including email marketing, search marketing, social media marketing, online PR and websites.
How is the Learning Path structured?
- Before you begin
- Understanding consumer data privacy
- Organizational data governance and data processing requirements
- Obtaining consent for data collection under the European GDPR
- The US CAN SPAM law
- Summarize the main privacy law requirements that digital marketers need to comply with when managing a website, email or SMS messaging or advertising
- Understand how different elements of data protection and privacy law such as governance and consent affect the collection and processing of customer data