Using Google Analytics To Improve Online Marketing
Get more value from Google Analytics with our guide for marketers
About our Google Analytics Guide
There are many books on Google Analytics, most of which do a good job of explaining setup and where to find the different features and reports. Our guide also steps you through the setup stages, but focuses on how you use Google Analytics to get better business results - the missing link in most books and the Google documentation.
Our guide is designed to help companies, consultants and agencies review how they setup Google Analytics and then apply it to get better results.
This guide features:
- A 10 step review of Google Analytics setup an customisation
- Guidance on the features which many companies fail to use
- Advice on the reports and measures that REALLY matter
- Recommendations on how to use Google Analytics to increase visits and conversion
- All examples covers the latest major 2013 updates to Google Analytics
- Workbook format makes it quick to review and decide on the changes you need to make to improve your online marketing results.
What does the Ebook include?
The 7 steps covered are:
- Step 1. Setup and customisation
- Step 2. Marketing Campaign tracking
- Step 3. Working with reports to find opportunities and problems
- Step 4. Understanding your visitors
- Step 5. Improving reach
- Step 6. Improving journeys and site engagement
- Step 7. Improving conversion to lead and sale
About the authors of our Google Analytics Guide
Hugh Gage of Engage Digital is the Smart Insights Expert commentator on Digital Analytics. He is author of our Expert member guide to Tag management. Hugh has worked in digital communications since 1994, switching from roles in media where he was Head of Online Planning and Buying at Manning Gottlieb OMD, to senior analyst at Logan Tod now part of PwC. He was one of the first to hold the Google Analytics Individual Qualification and is also a DAA Certified Analyst. You can follow him on Twitter or connect on LinkedIn.
Dr. Dave Chaffey
Dave is co-CEO and co-founder of Smart Insights. He is editor of the 100 templates, ebooks and courses in the digital marketing resource library created by our team of 25+ Digital Marketing experts. Our resources used by our Expert members in more than 80 countries to Map, Plan and Manage their digital marketing.
For his full profile, or to connect on LinkedIn or other social networks, see the About Dave Chaffey profile page on Smart Insights. Dave is author of 5 bestselling books on digital marketing including Digital Marketing Excellence and Digital Marketing: Strategy, Implementation and Practice. In 2004 he was recognised by the Chartered Institute of Marketing as one of 50 marketing ‘gurus’ worldwide who have helped shape the future of marketing.
Who is the Google Analytics Guide for?
We’ve designed the Google Analytics guide to provide value for people of all skill levels. Early sections will introduce features that more advanced users will be familiar with, whilst later sections will help advanced users to become power users. The guide will be extremely useful for:
- Digital Marketing Managers looking to improve the insights they are able to draw from Google Analytics
- Digital Marketing Execs looking to learn how to use the core features of Google analytics to review key metrics.
- Businesses owners looking to track performance and KPIs
- Analytics Managers looking to customize Google analytics to their businesses to allow for deeper levels of understanding and insight.
Individual or Business members get full access to this and 6 other guides in the Google Analytics Toolkit.Learn more about membership Already an Individual or Business member?
Login here Look Inside