Use our hub pages as a reference to get up-to-speed on all the main digital marketing techniques. They will help you quickly understand how to make the most of the technique through definitions and recommendations on our member resources and blog articles covering strategy, best practices and the latest statistics.
Some have said Email marketing is dead. Far from it! We're sure there's a lot of life in yet. It's still a primary way of engaging customers and combined with marketing automation to deliver more relevant communications, it's one of the most popular topics for Smart Insights members.
1. Free download: Email marketing trends in 2017 - see the types of innovation that are happening in Email marketing today.
2. Statistics: Email marketing statistics - our compilation of the measures that matter
3. Article: Segmentation and targeting options - how to create a layered targeting approach
4. Paid guide: Email marketing strategy - how to create a strategic approach to email marketing
5. Paid guide: B2C and B2B Marketing automation guide - best practices for implementing the martech
These are factors which we think are are important to look at for effective Email marketing. These focus on managing your in-house list, but many apply to rented lists also. They are in the form of questions email marketers should ask either when planning a new email marketing strategy or reviewing existing strategies.
Email marketing involves permission-based email broadcasts either to customers (or prospects) on an in-house list or prospects on third-party list (list rental).
When devising plans for email marketing communications, marketers need to plan for:
In our articles, we focus on outbound email broadcasts and integration with other channels.
The main email marketing statistics, which everyone wants to compare are engagement measures (open and click rates), best time of day or week to send an email and email frequency.
We recommend these sites as the best blogs to find out more about email marketing:
These are the related techniques which we recommend as important for managing Email marketing effectively. View these hub pages giving details on best practices, statistics and examples for these techniques: