Email Trends 2018 : A visual Guide
Review your approach to email marketing by exploring the latest trends
How will this report help me and my business?
Email marketing is still worth taking seriously. The aim of this guide is to showcase some of the latest Email marketing and marketing automation techniques deployed by brands to engage their subscribers and develop purchase intent. It pays to keep up-to-date with the latest approaches to email marketing techniques given its importance to all types of business.
In 2018, Email Marketing is one the most effective techniques for digital marketers, so keeping up-to-date with the latest trends in the industry is super important.
What does the Email marketing trends report contain?
To structure the guide we have grouped into 10 trends:
- Foreword by Pure360
- ONE. Increased Regulations
- TWO. Email Rendering
- THREE. Device Friendly
- FOUR Intelligent Personalization
- FIVE Sophisticated Segmentation
- SIX Subject Line Effectiveness
- SEVEN Writing for Emails
- EIGHT Deliverability
- NINE Code like it’s 2018
- TEN Marketing Automation
A Big ‘Thank you’ to our contributors
Creating this report would not have been possible without the time of the contributors to give their examples and guidance. Many thanks to all of the email marketing experts from several countries we consulted with to share their opinions of the latest trends.
- Jen Capstraw, Freelance Consultant & Strategist and President & Co-Founder, Women of Email
- Ben Harrington, Email Marketing Consultant, TruffleShuffle Media
- Komal Helyer, Marketing Director at Pure360
- Steve Henderson, UK, Data protection officer (GDPR, e-Privacy, ISO27001) at Communicator
- Alex Ilhan, Senior Email Developer at Email on Acid
- Joolz Joseph M IDM, Strategic Email Marketing Consultant and Marketing Mentor at The Virtual Marketeer
- Catherine Loftus, Senior Marketing Manager at TrustedHousesitters
- April Mullen, Director of Consumer-First Marketing at Selligent and Co-Founder, Women of Email
- Heidi Olsen, Senior Developer at eROI
- Kath Pay, CEO at Holistic Email Marketing
- Dela Quist, Founder & CEO - Touchstone Intelligent Marketing | CEO - Alchemy Worx
- Elliot Ross, CEO at Taxi for Email
- Jenna Tiffany, Founder & Strategy Director at Let’s Talk Strategy
- Jordie van Rijn, Email Influencer and Founder of Email Vendor Selection
- Tim Watson, Email Marketing Consultant at Zettasphere
- Chad S. White, Research Director at Litmus and author of Email Marketing Rules
Who is this guide for?
This guide is for:
- Email Marketing Managers
- Marketing Managers
- Small business owners
How is this guide structured?
We selected some of the key success factors in email marketing as we see them, and then asked email marketing specialists to give examples of these and other trends. We have 10 trends in total, varying from “Increased Regulation” to “Code like it’s 2018”. Our contributors have been a big help in creating this guide. There are fresh-faced-faced specialists who normally work behind the scenes and keep their secrets well guarded. A rather eclectic mix this year – we hope you gain valuable insight.
- Author: Kim Greenop-Gadsby views of 16 email marketing experts
- Sponsored by: Pure360
- Format: 70 page A4 page PDF Ebook packed with examples
About the author
Kim is the Email Marketing Manager for Smart Insights. She manages all Smart Insights’ email marketing and automation platform. She gets very excited about all things email because she’s an #EmailGeekUK. She was born and bred in South Africa and has over 16 years experience in web development and digital marketing. When she is not being an email geek, she is spending her time with her husband, two sons and menagerie of pets.