Digital Transformation Learning Path
Use a data-driven approach to plan, manage and optimize digital marketing activities at a strategic level
How will this Learning Path help me and my business?
This structured e-learning activity will help you or your team to review the current contribution of digital marketing to your organization and then create a plan to improve the contribution by defining activities to plan, manage and optimize digital media, digital experiences and digital data.
What is a Learning Path?
Smart Insight’s Learning Paths are our unique interactive online training courses which explain concepts, give examples and test understanding.
Unlike many online e-learning courses, each module is self-contained, so you can quickly access guidance to help improve your marketing activities.
Common modules are shared between Learning Paths to avoid duplication of learning material. You can also complete the full Learning Path to earn a CPDSO certification.
We appreciate finding time for skills development is a challenge. Our Learning Paths enable training to be bite-sized, engaging and - crucially - results orientated. When combined with our suite of templates, you’ll soon be taking your marketing activities to the next level.
Accredited learning activities with the Continuing Professional Development Standards Office (CPDSO)
Each Smart Insights Learning Path has been independently assessed and accredited by the CPD Standards Office, so you can be confident that the quality of the learning and assessment experience has been audited and recognized for its quality.
Members who successfully complete this Learning Path have the ability to assess the current contribution of digital marketing to their organization and then create a plan to improve the contribution defining activities to plan, manage and optimize digital media, digital experiences and digital data, at a strategic level.
Once you have completed a Learning Path, send an email to [email protected] to request your CPD certificate.
- Make a case for investment in digital marketing by recognising the success factors for scoping a digital marketing strategy.
- Create a digital SWOT using RACE, then structure a plan using SOSTAC® and RACE Planning frameworks.
- Review your current digital marketing capabilities and benchmark competitors using RACE.
- Set SMART objectives and forecast your return on investment.
- Implement the vision for digital channel transformation through prioritizing investments in paid, owned and earned media.
- Define audience personas, customer journeys and digital value proposition.
- Prioritize investments in digital customer experience and the supporting martech stack.
- Assess team and management structure and align resources for change management during digital transformation.
- Deploy a 90-day planning optimization approach for always-on investments.
- Create a RACE dashboard for digital reporting incorporating Google Analytics goals.
How is the Learning Path structured?
The Learning Path is separated into these topics and modules:
Topic 1 - Opportunities of digital marketing
- Digital strategy success factors
- Making the business case for investment in digital marketing
Topic 2 - Structure digital plans
- Structure a plan using SOSTAC®
- Structure a plan using the RACE Planning framework
- How to structure a campaign plan
Topic 3 - Situation analysis
- Create a digital SWOT using RACE
- Define audience personas
- Assess audience customer journeys
- Competitor benchmarking with RACE
- Capability maturity review
Topic 4 - Set objectives and control
- Set digital marketing goals and objectives
- Forecast results and ROI for digital marketing activities
- Set vision for digital transformation
Topic 5 - Set Digital Strategy
- Set strategic digital priorities
- Digital segmentation and targeting
- Define Digital Value Proposition
Topic 6 - Select tactics
- Define content marketing strategy
- Select search marketing investment
- Select media investments
- Influencer marketing
- Improve digital customer experience
- Review Martech stack investment
Topic 7 - Select actions
- Define resources and team structure
- Manage change for digital transformation
Topic 8 - Control
- Deploy 90-day planning
- Defining Google Analytics goals
- Create a digital marketing reporting dashboard
Topic 9 - Employee development
- Developing your skills with Smart Insights
- Developing your team members with Smart Insights
Roles who will find this Learning Path useful
- Managers responsible for increasing the contribution of digital channels in their organization, including Digital Director and digital marketing managers
- Heads of marketing including CMO, VP of Marketing, Chief Customer Officer, and Marketing Director
- Consultants or agency account managers working with larger organizations