Managing digital transformation guide
Learn the success factors for implementing digital transformation
How will this guide help me and my business?
Our research shows that many businesses have implemented or are planning digital transformation programmes to take advantages of the opportunities of digital media and technology to increase sales.
Our latest research shows that early 8% have had a digital transformation in place for longer than two years and 21% have just started. Over 3 in 10 (33%) are preparing to start their digital transformation program.
This practical guide was created to support our Business members throughout the digital transformation process. It's clearly structured in seven sections to step you through the process of initiating and running a digital transformation programme.
Who is this guide for?
This guide is for marketing leaders including CMOs, VPs of Marketing and CEOs in medium to large organisations that are working to transform their approach to become more digitally focused.
- For a shorter briefing, start with our Digital Transformation Playbook structured around the 25 key digital marketing activities defined in our RACE Digital Marketing Planning framework
How is the managing digital transformation guide structured?
The guide is structured to help step you through the process of reviewing current approaches, making the case for change and investment and then managing this change. The 7 recommended steps for digital transformation are:
- Proving the need and making the case for transformation
- Benchmark current digital marketing capabilities
- Define the best structure digital marketing activities and process
- Define resourcing requirements
- Change processes to support digital integration
- Manage change for digital transformation
- Optimizing performance across integrated channels
- Added 10 pillars of digital transformation guidance
- Visuals updated for technology adoption
- First section simplified
- New transformation collaboration tools added
- Guide format: The Managing Digital Transformation Guide will give you a 60+ page PDF Ebook drawing on Smart Insights checklists and models plus models compiled from other analysts and consultants.
- Recommended related resources: For a shorter briefing, start with our Digital Transformation Playbook or Creating a Digital Marketing Centre of Excellence in our Managing Digital Teams toolkit and our managing change management guide.
- About the authors: This guide was produced by digital transformation consultants Dave Chaffey, Sophia Ahrel and James Carson. This guide has also been updated by Sarah Cowman.