Social Media Marketing Learning Path
Use a strategic, data-driven approach to improve the effectiveness of your social media marketing activities
How will this Learning Path help me and my business?
This structured e-learning activity will help you or your team use a more structured approach to managing and optimizing social media as a strategic communications technique. Examples and benchmarks are discussed from the main social networks including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
What is a Learning Path?
Smart Insight's Learning Paths are our unique interactive online training courses which explain concepts, give examples and test understanding.
We appreciate finding time for skills development is a challenge, and so Learning Paths enables training to be bite-sized, engaging and results orientated since they integrate with our templates to plan, manage and optimize your marketing.
Unlike many online e-learning courses, each module is self-contained, so you can rapidly/quickly access guidance to improve the effectiveness of the marketing activities you are working on right now. Common modules are shared between Learning Paths to avoid duplication of learning material. You can also complete the full Learning Path to earn a CPDSO certification.
As you work through each topic, we recommend and explain the most relevant member resources, so you can download templates to plan, manage and optimize improvements to your website.
Accredited learning activities with the Continuing Professional Development Standards Office (CPDSO)
Each Smart Insights Learning Path has been independently assessed and accredited by the CPD Standards Office, so you can be confident that the quality of the learning and assessment experience has been audited and recognized for its quality.
Members who successfully complete this Learning Path have the ability to manage and optimize the strategic implementation of social media platforms for marketing communications.
Once you have completed a Learning Path, send an email to [email protected] to request your CPD certificate.
- Identify the benefits of a more planned approach to social media marketing then design and implement a social media plan.
- Review the effectiveness of your social media marketing against benchmarks and other organizations then identify improvements to how your social media marketing is managed.
- Structure a social media strategy to improve customer lifecycle communications that translates into practical actions and improves your goals.
- Review the requirements and features of tools for social listening and put in place a reputation management process to respond to complaints or customer service requests.
- Identify how to improve your approach to optimizing the effectiveness of your social platforms, both organic and paid, by reviewing your company page to enhance its effectiveness and defining methods to increase follower engagement.
- Understand different types of insights you can present in a monthly social media report including the business contribution of social media using reports available in Google Analytics including comparing the follower growth and engagement for your company pages on different social networks
How is the Learning Path structured?
The Learning Path is separated into these topics and modules:
Topic 1 - Discover social media opportunities
- A planned approach to social media marketing
- Audit social media marketing activities
- Learn the latest social media developments
- Set social media goals
Topic 2 - Planning and governance of social media
- Create a social media strategy
- Social listening
- Customer service and success
- Influencer marketing
Topic 3 - Practical social media marketing
- Optimizing organic social media activity across the main social networks
- Optimize your organic Instagram marketing
- Using social media to support a marketing campaign
- Using social media to amplify linkbait
- Optimizing paid social media activity
- Reporting on social media effectiveness
Roles who will find this Learning Path useful
- Company owners and directors working for smaller businesses
- Heads of marketing including CMO, VP of Marketing, Chief Customer Officer, and Marketing Director seeking to review their social media communications strategy
- Digital marketing managers, marketing executives or specialists responsible for social media marketing
- Consultants or agency account managers
Access this Learning Path nowLearn more about Individual membership Enquire now
Individual members get full access to this and 4 other Learning Paths.Already an Individual or Business member?