Content Marketing Learning Path
Learn how to create and implement an integrated content marketing strategy to fuel your marketing activities
How will this Learning Path help me and my business?
This structured e-learning activity will help you or your team learn how a strategic approach to content marketing can help elevate your business performance on a multitude of levels - from visibility to brand loyalty and conversions. You’ll learn how to create your own content marketing plan, tailor it to your current activity and identify areas of potential.
As you work through each topic in the course, we recommend and explain the most relevant member resources, so you can download templates to plan, manage and optimize improvements to your website.
What is a Learning Path?
Smart Insight’s Learning Paths are our unique interactive online training courses which explain concepts, give examples and test understanding.
Unlike many online e-learning courses, each module is self-contained, so you can quickly access guidance to help improve your marketing activities.
Common modules are shared between Learning Paths to avoid duplication of learning material. You can also complete the full Learning Path to earn a CPDSO certification.
We appreciate finding time for skills development is a challenge. Our Learning Paths enable training to be bite-sized, engaging and - crucially - results orientated. When combined with our suite of templates, you’ll soon be taking your marketing activities to the next level.
Accredited learning activities with the Continuing Professional Development Standards Office (CPDSO)
Each Smart Insights Learning Path has been independently assessed and accredited by the CPD Standards Office, so you can be confident that the quality of the learning and assessment experience has been audited and recognized for its quality.
Members who successfully complete this Learning Path have the ability to review the current contribution of content marketing to their organization and then create and implement a planned approach to increase the effectiveness of their content marketing and apply practical content marketing techniques.
Once you have completed a Learning Path, contact us via the chat box on the bottom right of the screen to request your CPD certificate.
- Explain the benefits of content marketing and structure a content marketing plan
- Evaluate your process for managing content marketing in relation to your competitors
- Complete a comprehensive audit of website assets and compare content effectiveness and group related pages
- Review and select from different content types and format to meet your communications objectives and optimize the performance of on-site content
- Understand the difference and intersection between earned and owned media and effectively implement influencer relationship management (IRM)
- Describe communications goals of different types of landing pages while reviewing and optimizing landing page effectiveness using analytics
How is the Learning Path structured?
The Learning Path is separated into these topics and modules:
Topic 1 - Content marketing opportunities
- Define a planned approach to content marketing
- Benchmarking your content marketing
- Complete a content audit
- Understanding consumer keyword search behaviour
- Make the case for investment in content marketing
Topic 2 - Content marketing strategy
- Define content marketing strategy
- Ideation for content marketing
- Define content strategy to earn links
- Create a content editorial calendar
- Influencer marketing
- Define marketing communication budget
Topic 3 - Improve content marketing activities
- Practical blogging techniques
- Define landing pages
- Define data capture and profiling
- Building cornerstone content
- Compete using ‘Skyscraper Technique’
- Online copywriting essentials
- Evaluate content marketing ROI
Roles who will find this Learning Path useful
- Managers responsible for increasing the contribution of digital channels in their organization, including Digital Director and digital marketing managers
- Heads of marketing including CMO, VP of Marketing, Chief Customer Officer, and Marketing Director
- Marketing executives or specialists
- Consultants or agency account managers