Smarter Twitter marketing guide
A practical guide to managing Twitter to build awareness and drive sales
How will this guide help me and my business?
You may be personally familiar with Twitter, but how do you best use it for your business and what are the best techniques to using Twitter for engagement and to encourage conversion?
As a mature social network, Twitter has become a key marketing platform to support marketing for consumer brands, business-to-business companies, not-for-profits and for personal use.
As with other social networks, sharing of your content gives you an opportunity to reach new audiences and drive visitors to your site. However, Twitter has its own vibe, etiquette and tools which require some "insider knowledge".
Our Twitter guide shows you:
- Where to get started in setting up your Twitter profile or updating it to use the latest features
- How to create a plan to manage communications with Twitter to support your marketing goals
- Approaches and tools to use to help you increase your followers
- Tools to use for outreach to other people
- Inspiring examples and options for creating business and personal profiles and running campaigns
- How to integrate Twitter with your site, social, media and email marketing
- Tools for tracking your use of Twitter
Who is this guide for?
This guide is for:
- Social media managers and execs
- Small business owners
How is the Twitter marketing guide structured?
Our practical guide is structured around the Smart Insights PRACE framework which will help you think through how to make better use of Twitter:
- An introduction to marketing with Twitter
- Plan: Developing a Twitter strategy
- Reach: Reaching your audience through Twitter
- Act: Encouraging interaction with Twitter
- Convert: Turning Twitter interaction into leads and sales
- Engage: Keeping your audience engaged
- Resource: Tools for managing Twitter
- New tweet examples from brands including Land Rover, NYPD, Starbucks, Virgin Trains and Cancer Research UK.
- New KPIs to monitor and an example snapshot of Twitter analysis
- The inclusion of our latest marketing tools wheel
- Improved resources section
- Authors: Rhian Harris and Susanne Colwyn
- Format: PDF download containing over 60 pages of advice to inspire you
- Related recommended resources: Our social media marketing strategy guide is designed to help you create a social media strategy. By aligning the techniques mentioned in this guide with the strategy guide, you’ll create an effective social media strategy for your business.
About the authors
Rhian Harris is a copywriter and blogger helping businesses with content for their marketing collateral. Starting out in the shiny new digital world in 2004, Rhian gained experience in all areas of digital media and e-commerce, working in utilities, travel, charity and retail sectors.
IDM qualified, Rhian is an online marketing all-rounder with a passion for words. She is a regular expert commentator for Smart Insights as well as other expert sites, as well as her own business Sparkly Content and her personal blog, From Tum To Mum.
You can follow Rhian on Twitter and Instagram.
Susanne is a Marketing Consultant and Trainer, with over 20 years marketing experience in the public and private sector. She’s passionate about supporting companies with practical result driven marketing, to help focus companies on evaluating and driving their marketing forward.
Experienced in Integrated Strategic Marketing Planning, Data Segmentation, Customer Relationship Management Systems, Customer Insight and reviewing internal systems, data and processes, to maximise conversion strategies and the customer experience. You can connect with her via her LinkedIn.