Your companion to creating or reviewing your online strategy
- Authors: Dr Dave Chaffey and Dan Bosomworth
- Last updated: January 2013
- Format: 83 page A4 page PDF Ebook with examples and checklists
About the 7 Steps Digital Marketing Strategy Guide
Our most popular guide, based on field-tested, proven approaches to create a plan used by companies big and small. Our online strategy guide will show you:
- How to structure your digital plan using the SOSTAC® approach applied to Emarketing
- How to grow your online business by targeting and reaching your audience
- How to make your website and social presence stand out from the crowd
- How to manage your online marketing through setting goals and tracking
- Workbook format makes it quick to review and decide on the changes you need to make to improve your online marketing results.
What does the Ebook include?
The 7 steps covered are:
- Step 1 Structuring your strategy
- Step 2 Understanding your ecosystems
- Step 3 Defining your future
- Step 4 Targeting
- Step 5 Proposition
- Step 6 Getting new customers
- Step 7 Keeping customers engaged and loyal
Related recommended Expert member resources
What our members say about the Digital marketing strategy guide
Smart Insights via both its website resource & social media network provides me with invaluable access to all the information I ever seem to need to research my job in digital marketing. Basic membership offers an excellent introduction to current thinking (and supported me on my IDM Professional Diploma), but it is in the Expert membership where I have found added depth and insight. If you work in digital marketing full-time, for the nominal annual fee, I'd recommend Expert membership
Review on LinkedIn by Stuart Sykes, Digital Marketing Manager, Unipart Automotive
Smart Insights expert membership clearly gave me a true structure + valuable know how on digital marketing to build and share with business units across the globe. The cherry on the cake is the access to nice and fresh best practices, guidelines, templates and insights on how to use them. Sharing views with the expert community is very valuable and I would say the annual fee is really low compared to most copy/paste websites with no thinking or expertise behind. Thank you ! Review on LinkedIn by Expert member
Cristophe Ferrasse, Global eBusiness Leader at Royal Canin SAS, a division of MARS Inc.
Smart Insights is one of the best digital 'tools' on the internet today. It has been a great asset as a channel of advice and insight, helping me to deliver an all-encompassing digital strategy.
Jennifer Law, E-Communications Manager, National Pharmacy Association
You can access this advice if you are a Smart Insights Expert-level member.
Smart Insights Expert Members get "at your desk access" to in-depth advice to improve their online marketing skills and capabilities:
- In-depth Ebooks
- Online training
- How to
- Marketing templates