Your companion to creating or reviewing your online strategy
- Authors: Dr Dave Chaffey and Dan Bosomworth
- Last updated: April 2014
- Format: 95 page A4 page PDF Ebook with examples and checklists
About the 7 Steps Digital Marketing Strategy Guide
Our most popular guide, based on field-tested, proven approaches to create a plan used by companies big and small. Our online strategy guide will show you:
- How to structure your digital plan using the Smart Insights RACE Digital Planning system and PR Smith’s SOSTAC® planning approach
- How to grow your online business by targeting and reaching your audience
- How to create a compelling online value proposition and customer experience
- How to manage your online marketing through setting vision, objectives and KPIs
- How to integrate digital marketing into traditional marketing activities
- Workbook format makes it quick to review and decide on the changes you need to make to improve your online marketing results.
What does the Ebook include?
The 7 steps covered are:
- Introduction. Convincing others you need a digital strategy
- Step 1 Structuring your strategy
- Step 2 Review your marketplace opportunity
- Step 3 Defining your future: Vision, objectives and KPIs
- Step 4 Targeting
- Step 5 Proposition
- Step 6 Getting new customers
- Step 7 Keeping customers engaged and loyal
Related recommended Expert member resources
- Guide to Digital Transformation – the latest thinking, research and recommendations on how to manage change to deliver more from digital marketing.
- Example digital marketing plan - our members asked us for example plans – you can now download this example to help get an idea of how your plan should look.
- Digital marketing strategy toolkit – a range of Word and Powerpoint templates for you to amend to help you create a plan.
- RACE Digital Marketing Qualification - the first unit in this course gives a video introduction to the RACE planning process.
You can access this advice if you are a Smart Insights Expert-level member.
Smart Insights Expert Members get "at your desk access" to in-depth advice to improve their online marketing skills and capabilities:
- In-depth Ebooks
- Online training
- How to
- Marketing templates