Includes templates, ready-to-use strategy documents, step-by-step guides and resources that will help you create optimized strategies that deliver HUGE results.
- Email marketing best practices
About this Guide
This guide shows you how to take your email marketing strategy to the next level, covering a lot more than tips to improve your creative and copy, although it does include lots of examples of this! It helps email marketers create a strategic approach to email marketing by using the best communications strategy, targeting and marketing automation to maximise returns from their lists.
- An introduction to email marketing
- Step 1: Prioritise your email marketing efforts with the CRITICAL factors
- Step 2: Set your goals and build your list for Email Marketing
- Step 3: Defining your Email Marketing Proposition
- Step 4: Segmentation and targeting
- Step 5: Defining your integrated email communications strategy
- Step 6: Creating effective email templates and creative
- Step 7: Test, learn and refine
About this Guide
This template enables you to specify best and worst case delivery, open, click and outcomes. Allows your responses and value-generated for business calculated automatically and lets your newsletter and campaign performance can be tracked
- A method to plan your response and return on investment from in-house or rented list email campaigns,
- Calculate return on investment from email optimisation projects – useful for justifying investment in consulting projects
- You can more accurately assess the number of responses from email channelsA simple method of reviewing enewsletter performance
- A simple method of reviewing enewsletter performance
- Workbook format makes it quick to review and decide on the changes you need to make to improve your online marketing results.
About the guide
There’s a lot that can go wrong when sending out an email campaign or enewsletter that can damage perception of your brand or kill your campaign effectiveness! This checklist is designed to help you to create more consistent quality checklists which work better for your subscribers and your brand.
What does the checklist include?
The template has 5-10 action items to review in these areas:
- Engaging email headers checklist
- Effective lead-ins
- Copywriting tone-of-voice
- Persuasive offers and messaging
- Functional testing
- Response tracking and optimisation
- Audience and Data
- Email legal requirements including privacy
About the Guide
Learn concepts, tips and tricks at your desk to make your online copy work harder. This practical course will help you improve all aspects of online copy from web to social media to email marketing.
Your tutor for this course is Mark Brownlow, who is the Smart Insights Expert commentator on Email marketing who is actively involved in creating copy for clients.
- Introduction: This module will help you understand the core principles of effective online copywriting.
- How to structure content for impact and attention: Covers the inverted pyramid, the benefits of short vs long copy, headlines, text structure and highlighting.
- Product and service descriptions: Examples and tips for making your products seem indispensable.
- Improving your Calls-to-Action: The what, why and how for effective CTAs.
- Improving short-form content: Improving short-form updates with a special focus on Twitter social media updates.
- Copywriting for Email marketing: Writing emails that gets opens and clicks.
- Marketing Automation
About this guide
This guide to B2C marketing automation best practices will help you review your requirements for marketing automation, select the best vendor and create or review your lead generation and nurturing programme.
- Explanations of marketing automation concepts
- Recommendations on requirements to review
- Best practice tips for implementing marketing automation
- B2B examples of lead scoring, grading and nurturing
- Research from a range of studies to highlight the potential and challenges of implementing marketing automation software
About this template
This spreadsheet provides a template for marketers to create a messaging sequence that supports their business for the range of potential event-triggered campaigns
Research shows that behavioural email marketing is a powerful technique to automatically follow-up online customer actions to help increase conversion to sale at a low cost. However, the technique is still used by relatively few companies. One barrier to setting up these event-triggered email sequences is the time it takes to specify the sequences if it’s a new approach to the company or agency. That’s where this template will help guide you!
- A grid showing a row for each message in the sequence with 16 columns (some optional) for defining communications requirements, targeting, trigger rules and messaging. 3 Example fields are shown for an email sequence
- Read me explaining how to use each field with an example of how to lay out the creative
- A template of 8 other campaign control issues that must be defined including tracking, testing, unsubscribes and message suppression