Includes templates, ready-to-use strategy documents, step-by-step guides and resources that will help you create optimized strategies that deliver HUGE results.
- SEO Essential Success Factors
About this Guide
Our comprehensive guide will give you all the latest detail you need to review the SEO for your business or your clients. But not too much detail… It’s designed to be quick to scan with highlighted definitions, SEO strategy recommendations and practical tips.
- Step 1: Do an audit, plan and set your goals
- Step 2: Make sure the engines can find your content
- Step 3: Get your on-page optimisation right
- Step 4: Create awesome content for SEO!
- Step 5: Get more quality links using content marketing
- Step 6: Refine your internal linking
- Step 7: Improve SEO through Analytics
About this Guide?
In this course, you’ll learn seven steps to review and improve your SEO – attracting visitors from searchers using Google.
- Step 1: Do an Audit and Set Your Goals
- Step 2: Make Sure Search Engines Can Find Your Content
- Step 3: Get Your On-Page SEO Right
- Step 4: Create Awesome Content for SEO
- Step 5: Get More Quality Links
- Step 6: Refine Your Internal Linking
- Step 7: Improve SEO Through Analytics
- Practical Tools for Auditing SEO
About this guide
Details are important within SEO since there are so many factors Google uses to inform its search rankings. It’s easy to get lost and miss the important factors for success.
The ‘use-case’ for this audit is for a consultant, agency or in-house SEO specialist to use the spreadsheet as a detailed checklist and then make prioritised recommendations for improvement. The spreadsheet also includes a healthcheck for a higher level review.
Spreadsheet structure – the 50 review questions are in the same structure as our 7 Steps guide
- Step 1: Auditing value of current SEO and identifying goals
- Step 2: Technical SEO: improve crawling and indexing for maximum visibility
- Step 3: On-page optimisation – review markup and copy against best practices
- Step 4: Content strategy – managing the right type of content to attract links and visitors
- Step 5: Link-building – ideas to gain more quality links and review and disavow poor quality links
- Step 6: Internal linking – often a missed opportunity to improve SEO
About this template?
An SEO gap analysis helps you review your “market share of consumer searches” by comparing the number of searches performed for the keywords you are targeting against the number of visitors you get to your site through natural search in the organic search engine listings.
Our Excel SEO Gap analysis spreadsheet is a template which can be used to quickly import these search terms and compare actual keywords which drive visits from a site against the keywords you are targeting. It will help you identify new opportunities to target keywords to attract new site visitors
We’ve used this gap analysis approach on many search consultancy projects in financial services, retail and travel sectors and it’s a still a great way to review where your SEO is broken and needs improving.
- A master worksheet enabling you to compare the actual number of visits to your site for different keywords you are targeting against the total number of searches (impressions) measured as an exact match. Conditional formatting enables you to quickly review where there is an opportunity to improve position or clickthrough rate (share of search).
- A similar keyword comparison worksheet for any search which contains a phrase. We think this is the most useful feature of our template since you can quickly analyse head terms (such as product categories) or long-tail search terms (such as reviews or detailed product features) you are targeting.
- Import worksheets which can be used to quickly import data from the Google Analytics, KeyWord Planner and Google Search Console data sources.
- A “Read me” page outlining how to use the spreadsheet.
- 3 examples of how to create a target keyword list structured around consumer search behaviour
About these tutorials
The aim of these short 10-15 minutes video tutorials covering 4 free tools is to help marketers understand and report on customer search behaviour and SEO effectiveness to identify new opportunities to attract more site visits through organic search
- Tutorial 1: SEO Gap analysis using Google Keyword Planner
- Tutorial 2: Google Trends briefing
- Tutorial 3: Using Google Analytics and Google Search Console to review SEO and identify opportunities
- Tutorial 4: Backlink audit and benchmarking Competitor Sites
About this Guide
The main purpose of this template is to help agencies and consultants preparing SEO proposals. Client-side businesses may also find the template useful when briefing or reviewing proposals received from different agencies when selecting a new SEO agency.
We have developed it in response to member requests for an SEO proposal template by consultants and agencies whose main focus isn’t search marketing, instead they are looking to offer SEO services perhaps through recruiting or re-training existing staff. Of course, we know that specialist search marketing agencies will have already developed their approach to proposals for pitching, although they may be interested to compare their approach to ours.
- Understanding client business challenges and goals from investment in SEO
- A summary of the agency solution going into detail on different activities forming the approach to SEO
- Structure of SEO programme including recommended main activities and deliverables
- A list of 10 key differentiators to consider when selecting an SEO agency