Without well-written and engaging content, chances of you catching the eye of your target audience are quite slim
Content is the key factor when it comes to SEO, Social Media or any other digital marketing campaigns. Without a well-written and engaging content, chances of you catching the eye of your target audience are quite slim. As such, if you are running an online business then having a strong content marketing strategy is of utmost importance.
When it comes to SEO, specifically, Long-form content has a greater impact compared to Short-form content. This is because most Long-form blog posts are detailed articles that not only help improve audience engagement but also helps generate more traffic and social shares. Longer content also has a direct correlation to higher search ranking, as corroborated by various studies. Thus, if you are in the midst of building a content plan for your next SEO campaign then here is an infographic that explains the ideal content length and the SEO benefits that you can avail from it.
Based on an in-depth analysis, this infographic highlights the average content length of the top 10 search result in Google and the average content length by domain age. It also gives you an overview of the SEO benefits of long-form content along with how long-form content can help boosts your conversion rate. This content length guide, in addition, also provides powerful tips on how to write an engaging long-form blog post/article. The best part, it has covered the different types of content frameworks and formats that one can make use of.
Now, before we take a look at the infographic, here is a quick glimpse of some of the SEO benefits of long-form content.
- Evergreen Content: This is one of the best benefits of longer content. Most long-form articles are Evergreen content which provides long-term SEO value once it's published. Thus, by creating long-form content you can attract more organic traffic over time and this, in turn, helps improve your ranking in the search result.
- Earn High-Quality Backlinks: Most bloggers are more than willing to provide backlinks for a well-researched, statistically enriched and comprehensive blog posts/guides as they are a great resource for their audience. Hence, when you write long-form articles, you are able to improve your chances of earning high-quality backlinks.
- Improve Audience Engagement: Longer content also helps improve user engagement compared to short-form content and the reason for this is simple. Since most long-form content offers extensive information about a particular query it helps keep your target audience engaged and in turn, this assists you in boosting your dwell time and rankings in SERPs.
- Increase Social Shares: The most noticeable SEO benefit of writing longer content is higher social shares. Long-form blog posts offer readers a greater value and if they like a piece of content and find it useful & informative, then there are higher chances of them sharing it with their friends and colleagues, leading to more social shares. More importantly, increase social shares can also help make your content go viral.
- Reduce Bounce Rate: A simple fact, low-quality content leads to a higher bounce rate. Therefore, by writing longer content, youâ€™d be able to improve audience engagement leading to an increase in dwell time (as mentioned above) and this will help reduce bounce rate giving a boost to your SEO campaign.
Like these, there are many more SEO benefits of long-form content. Therefore, take a look at the infographic below to know what these are and what the ideal average content length should be. Plus, for future reference, you can download this infographic for free and keep it handy.
So, go ahead and check out this content length infographic now!
Content Length and Its 10 Factors Affecting SEO [Infographic] by the team at Capsicum Mediaworks