Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Learning Path
Use a data-driven approach to improve results using proven Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategies
How will this Learning Path help me and my business?
This structured e-learning activity will help you or your team review and refresh your existing approach to Search Engine Optimization (SEO) in order to achieve consistently effective digital marketing results.
What is a Learning Path?
Smart Insight’s Learning Paths are our unique interactive online training courses which explain concepts, give examples and test understanding.
Unlike many online e-learning courses, each module is self-contained, so you can quickly access guidance to help improve your marketing activities.
Common modules are shared between Learning Paths to avoid duplication of learning material. You can also complete the full Learning Path to earn a CPDSO certification.
We appreciate finding time for skills development is a challenge. Our Learning Paths enable training to be bite-sized, engaging and - crucially - results orientated. When combined with our suite of templates, you’ll soon be taking your marketing activities to the next level.
Accredited learning activities with the Continuing Professional Development Standards Office (CPDSO)
Each Smart Insights Learning Path has been independently assessed and accredited by the CPD Standards Office, so you can be confident that the quality of the learning and assessment experience has been audited and recognized for its quality.
Members who successfully complete this Learning Path have the ability to review current SEO strategy and tactics to maximize brand awareness, reach and interaction and are able to demonstrate ROI through use of analytics.
Once you have completed a Learning Path, contact us via the chat box on the bottom right of the screen to request your CPD certificate.
- Make a case for investment in SEO through a planned approach.
- Understand the latest SEO ranking factors, mobile ranking factors and Google algorithms.
- Define SEO Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), benchmark SEO competitiveness and conduct link quality and backlink effectiveness audits.
- Understand consumer keyword search behaviour and perform a gap analysis.
- Identify how to optimize on-page elements including titles, meta descriptions, page headings and body copy.
- Create a content marketing strategy to support SEO and link acquisition.
- Define an SEO performance review strategy using Google Analytics 4.
How is the Learning Path structured?
The Learning Path is separated into these topics and modules:
Topic 1 - Discover SEO opportunities
- A planned approach to SEO
- Understanding the latest SEO ranking factors
- Understanding the key Google algorithms
- Understanding mobile ranking factors
Topic 2 - Audit SEO effectiveness
- Define SEO KPIs
- Benchmark SEO competitiveness
- Understanding consumer keyword search behaviour
- Link quality and backlink effectiveness audits
Topic 3 - Technical SEO
- Review indexing of web pages using Google Search Console
- Develop and implement a sitemap
- Review and reduce duplicate content
- Review indexing of images to improve ranking
- Review and improve mobile ranking
- Review the relevance of Google’s AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages)
- Review and improve video search effectiveness
- Review and improve local search effectiveness
- Review and improve international search effectiveness
- Review opportunities for structured data markup
Topic 4 - On-page SEO
- Overview of on-page optimization
- Review and improve titles and meta descriptions
- Improve the structure of page headings
- Create relevant body copy
- Target featured snippets
Topic 5 - Create awesome content for SEO
- Define content strategy to earn links
- Building Cornerstone content
- Compete using the ‘Skyscraper Technique’
Topic 6 - Refine internal linking and acquire more quality links
- Review internal linking
- Guest blogging and press releases
- Using social media to amplify linkbait
Topic 7 - Improve SEO through analytics
- Reviewing media performance
- Reviewing landing page performance in GA4
- Using Google Search Console to review keywords
Roles who will find this Learning Path useful
- Company owners and directors working for smaller businesses
- Heads of marketing including CMO, VP of Marketing, Chief Customer Officer, and Marketing Director seeking to review their SEO strategy
- Digital marketing managers, marketing executives and specialists responsible for SEO
- Consultants or agency account managers