5 reasons why your content marketing campaign may fail and ideas to make content more 'viral'
We know from our research into Managing Content Marketing that one of the main challenges for marketers at the moment is selecting relevant content which will become viral and shared.
Creating sharable, viral content is a challenge, so we thought this infographic is useful since it reminds us of the basics that we sometimes forget, as we focus on finding and curating content. There are 5 practical steps on improving reach from this infographic shared on Business2Community.
- 1. Highlight emotional appeal. Positive engaging content will need to 'trigger emotions' to make people laugh, be inspired or amazed. Use this in your headlines and copy sharing the content asset.
- 2. Create shareable content. Shareable content makes the sharer look good - it needs to be useful or entertaining.
- 3. Timing. Share at the right time when your audiences are most likely to be online. Social analytics tools will help identify best time and day of the week.
- 4. Quality Design. Focus on good design elements, including colour and fonts which boost the emotional appeal.
- 5. Distribution Channels. Be open-minded to use a range of appropriate channels to share your content, which fit your audience and brand. Video can be shared on channels in addition to YouTube such as Vimeo. Try to apply these influencer outreach tips.