Find out how a recovery email campaign can boost your sales by up to 8%
SaleCycle have produced an Infographic to summarise the findings about shopping abandonment, from their September 2012 survey. 200 well-known brands were surveyed in the US and UK, including Retailers and Fashion brands such as Sony, Ralph Lauren, the Body Shop and The Office.
The aim of the survey was to discover how to send out an engaging, optimized email to shoppers abandoning the on-line sites at the point of purchase or engagement (ie. shopping cart, booking or application form). It centered around the following three questions:
- Timing: How long to wait to email your warm customers?
- Tone: Should we be direct or use a customer service tone?
- Content/Message: What should we say in our email to convert our customers to buy?
Over 74% of shoppers abandon their shopping cart, booking or application form, so how do we get them back and increase our sales by up to 8% with a recovery email campaign?
This Infographic below shows the findings from their survey and provides useful tips on when to send out your email, how to engage with your subject line and the layout and content of your email:
In summary, some takeaways to help you with your email recovery campaign and to boost sales include:
1. Timing is crucial: email your customers within 60 minutes as it boosts conversion, leave it 24 hours later and your conversion rate decreases by 50%.
2. Testing subject line: it improves your open rates. Try including the company name and product details to ensure an open rate of over 50%.
3. Clear and simple call to actions: help your customers return to your website to take action with clear actionable links. ie. best practice is 'Complete your order'.