Improve your Content marketing strategy with our hub page
Use our hub pages as a reference to get up-to-speed on all the main digital marketing techniques. They will help you quickly understand how to make the most of the technique through definitions and recommendations on our member resources and blog articles covering strategy, best practices and the latest statistics.
With the increasing importance of content to commercial success online, content is not something to leave to an intern; it needs a strategy to ensure it really supports marketing.
Our guides and infographics will help you set up a defined content marketing strategy, which you can plan, manage and optimise using our templates and resources.
Recommended content marketing resources
Use our three popular content marketing infographic 'mind tools' as templates to audit your content marketing and create a plan
1. Infographic: Content marketing matrix
2. Infographic: Content distribution matrix
3. Infographic: Content optimization matrix
4. Free download: Content marketing mistakes
5. Premium guide: Content marketing strategy guide
5. Premium guide: Persona creation templates
Content marketing strategy quick guide
Content marketing strategy success factors
For us, these are the reasons why content marketing is central to success online. So, to be successful, you need a plan for how content marketing can support your goals. We explain how in our 7 Step Guide to content marketing guide
- Shareable content drives creates awareness for your brand. If your content engages readers they will share it via their social accounts, email or word-of-mouth as a recom- mendation. Everyone is an influencer today!
- Content drives results from SEO. Google has made this important since 1998 when it launched. Content became, and still is, king since websites are content and being found relies on content.
- Content drives purchases. We base our decisions on online content when shopping online or researching for offline purchases.
- Syndicated content drives purchases. Content marketing strategy is much broader than your site though, and includes content on social networks, online publishers, com- parison sites, blogs and many other types of site which help engagement and influence sales.
- User generated content drives purchases. Buyer behaviour has changed, we now want to reference wider opinion from others like us about products and services, whether rat- ing sites, blogs or social networks – buyers dig out content to help their decision making.
- Content on a range of platforms drives purchases. The importance of the internet continues to increase as technology (especially smart phones and tablets) evolve and we evolve with them.
Content marketing strategy definition
We think the definition from Joe Pulizzi, author of “Get Content, Get Customers” is hard to beat. He defines content marketing as:
“How a brand creates, delivers and governs original or curated content to attract and retain customers, positioning the brand as a credible expert and, ultimately, motivating a change in behaviour”
We define content marketing simply as
"Managing content as an asset to achieve marketing goals of reaching, converting and engaging target audiences".
Recommended member resources for Content marketing strategy
Ebooks on Content marketing management
Marketing templates on Content marketing management
Key techniques for Content marketing strategy
These are the related techniques which we recommend as important for managing Content marketing strategy effectively. View these hub pages giving details on best practices, statistics and examples for these techniques:
View all blog articles on Content marketing strategy