Video and YouTube marketing guide
Learn how to utilize video to promote your brand and extend your reach to customers around the world
How will this guide help me?
It’s well known that video content is a powerful way to engage with customers and prospects, but do you know how to convert this into increased traffic and sales?
Our guide to video marketing will help you grow your business online using video content and video platforms. The guide covers the production of video content but the core focus of the guide is to help you form a strategy for using video as part of your overall marketing as well as to show you the practical steps to take for success with this fast-growing medium.
This guide will show you:
- Why video matters
- The different types of video and which ones are most suitable for your business
- How to use both your own videos and third party content to drive engagement and new sales
- How to measure the success of your campaign
Our guide shows you how to review the full opportunities from video marketing, whether you are a company looking to integrate video marketing more into your campaigns or a marketing agency looking to improve your video marketing services. Video examples from across different sectors will inspire ideas of how you can use video marketing to reach and influence a wider audience.
What does the video marketing guide include?
This guide includes:
- An introduction to the role of video marketing and how to make the case for investing in video marketing
- Information on video hosting and sharing platforms, with a focus on YouTube
- Advice on how to plan your approach to video marketing, such as how to form a video marketing strategy
- How video content can be used to inform and education your audience, with successful case studies used throughout
- How you can use video as part of your engagement and conversion strategy, such as improving your SEO performance and encourage user-generated content
- How to increase your reach and visibility using ads across various platforms and leveraging third-party websites
- Tips on how to measure the success of your video campaigns
- A list of further resources you can use to supercharge your video marketing
Who is this guide for?
This guide is for:
- Marketing managers who are looking to include video in their strategy and campaigns
- Social media managers who are looking to plan video content, video platform use or even building a business case for using video in social media campaigns
- Digital marketing and social media executives who want to increase their understanding of video platforms and how they can be used to increase brand awareness
- Authors: Danny Bermant and Joel Chudleigh
- Format: Downloadable PDF guide
- Related resources: Google Ads strategy guide
About the authors
This was guide edited by Matt Chappell with previous input from Danny Bermant and Joel Chudleigh.
Danny is director of Brainstorm Digital a mentor, trainer and speaker specializing in influencer outreach and B2B social media strategy. With over 15 years of digital marketing insights, Danny has given hundreds of companies the skills, knowledge, and confidence to bring in new business online.
Joel Chudleigh is the Founder of Deep Footprints who are a digital marketing agency focused on paid search and inbound marketing. They focus on helping small and medium sized businesses to grow sustainably for long-term success. You can read his latest blog updates here.