Did you know that YouTube is now the second largest search engine? Here's some proof of its importance and techniques to engage your audience
Our commentary: For the last 2 years You Tube has been widely recognised by most as the second largest search engine in the US, if not worldwide. First reported in October 2008 (view article) YouTube has continued to dominate as a video orientated social network.
The stats in the image speak volumes to me in terms of opportunity for business to get in front of customers / potential customers and attract them to their brand. If a blender can become a YouTube hit (and business success as a result) anyone can do it - see more at the Blendtec YouTube channel - Over 141million video views in 4 years & 330,000+ members they can engage with.
Opportunities YouTube brings to engage your audience
- Grow your reach beyond impressions available in Google itself, which leads to traffic through direct & brand searches as audience becomes aware of your brand
- Engage your audience with offers delivered through YouTube Promoted Videos or the Adwords Video Targeting Tool when they go to seek entertainment or advice
- Participate, listen & learn from your audience through the comments
YouTube has perhaps been something a lot of business avoid due to the inability to track ROI as accurately as PPC for example, perception of high costs to create & manage and a lack of creativity. But the stats and user behaviour would dictate that this type of thinking is holding your business back. Take the time to understand YouTube and its benefits to your business then think creatively about how your business could use it at an acceptable cost. Don't let perceptions & old business thinking hold you back, make the change do something different.
- For some tips on how best to make use of your videos once created checkout this post from the Seoptimise.com blog - View here
- Great video which opens your eyes to the connected web and the opportunties that creates for you business - Socialnomics
- Sponsored videos within YouTube serves its 500,000,000th video view - Sponsored videos
Image courtesy of viralblog.com See full image here