How to plan, manage and optimize your marketing priorities for the year ahead using our new marketing playbook resources
A marketing playbook is a comprehensive guide outlining how a business or brand will manage their marketing investment and activity over the course of a 12-18 month period. Often developed in medium to large organizations with a central marketing team, it provides guidance for media planning, consistency in activities across markets and a foundation to enable everyone to align around one shared vision for when teams go to market to activate.
Some of the advantages of a playbook include:
- To provide communications planning guidelines to drive consistency across markets and share best practice
- To take insights (e.g. web analytics, econometric modelling) and apply learning across markets, products and/ or services
- To save time for different teams with initial planning so that more energy and resource can go into implementation
Our playbooks are structured around the RACE planning framework:
What our marketing playbooks show you
Playbooks help a business make the most of the opportunities of today’s marketing communications opportunities by approaching each in the most effective way by considering:
- Investment priorities and best practices for communications. Which types of communications, best practice, and optimisation techniques should be used to maximise return-on-investment depending on marketing objectives?
- Audience media use. Insight on how consumers or businesses adopt, interact and respond to different communications channels.
- Communications orchestration. How to plan, resource and define workflows for campaigns and execution.
- Goal setting and measurement. How to set objectives and evaluate the channel with relevant KPIs.
- Integration of activities. How to maximise impact in campaigns through the consistent and integrated use of media channels.
- Marketing technology and data. Which technologies and tools can support planning, measurement, and execution of the various techniques that are available?