Improve your Customer service and support with our hub page
Use our hub pages as a reference to get up-to-speed on all the main digital marketing techniques. They will help you quickly understand how to make the most of the technique through definitions and recommendations on our member resources and blog articles covering strategy, best practices and the latest statistics.
Online is often the first place customers look for support now and often it's not the company website, instead it's Twitter or a specialist support site like Get Satisfaction. If you can get web-self service right it can offer great cost-savings and satisfied customers.
Customer service and support quick guide
Customer service and support success factors
Dan's post on 5 things we can take from Zappos' success has a great collection of advice on success in customer satisfaction which can be applied to other businesses
1. Customers come back, order more and more often
- On any given day, about 75% of purchases from Zappos are from returning customers
- Repeat customers order >2.5x more from in the following 12 months
- Repeat customers spend more
2. Make it easy for customers to build your brand
- Superior experience drives word of mouth, so do the unexpected
- Remove the risk of purchase and make it easy to return product for free
- Fast, accurate fulfilment is worth talking about
- Deliver an "above and beyond" customer service
- Drive people to the phone, be contactable and be open
3. Talk to people!...
- "The telephone is one of the best branding devices available"
- Take time to talk to people properly
- At Zappos there are no call times and no sales-based performance goals for sales reps
- Zappos will also pay you $2000 to quit, so only the best people who enjoy the job stay
- The Culture Book makes it clear how Zappos do business and even underpins performance management
4. Build a culture that envelops customers and internal staff"€¦
- Zappos have "committable core values" that are clear, exciting and simple
- It doesn't matter what your core values are as long as you commit to them and get internal alignment
- Commit to a culture of transparency "An Ask Anything Culture"
- Zapposinsights.com focusses on lifting the lid for customers and future employees
5. Have a vision...
- "Whatever you're thinking, think bigger", comments Tony
- Does your company vision have real meaning? Without is there little chance of achieving any of the above.
- "What would you be passionate about doing for 10 years even if you never made a dime?"
Recommended member resources for Customer service and support
Ebooks on Customer relationship management
See the best sites section for customer service benchmark information.
Best websites on Customer service and support
- ACSI - The American Institute of customer service has benchmarks and case studies of online customer service
- Institute of customer service - has useful resources and satisfaction benchmark
- Zappos Insights - an initiative to help companies generate a customer service culture
Key techniques for Customer service and support
These are the related techniques which we recommend as important for managing Customer service and support effectively. View these hub pages giving details on best practices, statistics and examples for these techniques:
View all blog articles on Customer service and support