Customer retention planning guide
Retain customers and grow your business with our retention guide
How will this guide to customer retention and growth help me and my business?
We think customer retention doesn't get enough attention. Here are three cold, hard facts we present at the start of our retention guide explaining why customer retention is so important:
- It is 5-7 times more expensive to acquire a new customer than to keep an old one
- It costs a company $234 every time they lose a customer
- Loyal customers are worth up to 10 times as much as their first purchase
Given these facts it makes sense you have a proactive, well-planned approach to customer retention and growth, yet many businesses don't. In this guide E-CRM specialist Andrew Campbell explains how to create a customer retention strategy using a range of frameworks and examples.
What does the retention guide include?
This guide is structured around 7 Steps as with our other guides to key digital marketing activities:
- Review effectiveness of current retention programme
- Define customer retention strategy
- Design customer communications programmes
- Deliver personalised experiences
- Deliver seamless, multichannel experiences
- Unlock the power of content
- Align organisation and technology
Each section includes best practice tips and strategy recommendations plus frameworks to help you structure your plans, for example:
- Retention roadmap
- Retention opportunity grid
- Customer journey analysis
- Groundswell social media interaction model
- Author: Andrew Campbell
- Format: Downloadable PDF
About the author
Andrew Campbell is an eCRM and social CRM consultant, and Martech Director at the HOME Agency. You can contact Andrew through his LinkedIn profile.