Content marketing Survey on B2B marketing
The Content Marketing Institute and MarketingProfs, undertook a survey sponsored by Brightcove, to ask over 1,200 B2B Marketers in the US the key marketing tactics from last year and to discuss their focus for 2014.
'Heading into 2014, many B2B marketers are feeling more confident than ever about the effectiveness of their content marketing strategies,' said Joe Pulizzi, founder of the Content Marketing Institute and author of Epic Content Marketing. 'Though the industry is still in the early adoption phase of content marketing, it's clear that many are seeing success and are continuing to increase their tactics and devote more resources, and budgets, to producing great content experiences.'
Key content marketing survey findings included:
- 93% of B2B organisations are using content-based tactics and 73% are producing more content than the previous year.
- 86% have someone who oversees content marketing strategy
- 30% of B2B marketing budgets are assigned to content marketing
- On average, companies use over 13 different tactics including blogs, social media, newsletters and video for brand awareness messages.
- Common challenge is lack of time to produce and obtain engaging content.
- Main goal is brand awareness, followed by lead generation and acquisition.
Brightcove's Infographic below sums key findings on benchmarks, trend and budgets and the full report can be downloaded from the Content Marketing Institute.