Email marketing trends 2022
Review your approach to email marketing by exploring the latest trends
How will this report help me and my business?
Email marketing is still worth taking seriously. The aim of this guide is to showcase some of the latest email marketing and marketing automation techniques deployed by brands to engage their subscribers and develop purchase intent. Given the importance of email marketing for all types of businesses, it pays to keep up to date with the latest email marketing techniques.
In 2022, email marketing remains one of the most effective techniques for digital marketers, so keeping up-to-date with the latest trends, best practice techniques, and technologies for email marketing remains extremely important.
Who is this guide for?
This guide is for:
- Email marketing managers
- Marketing managers
- Small business owners
How is this report structured?
To structure the guide we have grouped into the following trends:
- Foreword by Pure360
- Trend One: Consumer engagement and loyalty
- Trend Two: Email design
- Trend Three: Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Trend Four: Intelligent pesonalization
- Trend Five: Email experience and copywriting
- Trend Six: Subject line optimization
- Trend Seven: Continuing privacy regulation updates
A big ‘thank you’ to our contributors
Creating this report would not have been possible without the time of the contributors to give their examples and guidance. Many thanks to all of the email marketing experts from several countries we consulted with to share their opinions of the latest trends.
- Komal Heyler, Marketing Director at Pure360
- Joolz Joseph, Email Marketing Consultant
- Tim Watson, Email Marketing Consultant at Zettasphere
- Jordie van Rijn, Email Influencer and Founder of Email Vendor Selection
- Jenna Tiffany, Founder & Strategy Director at Let’s Talk Strategy
- Kath Pay, CEO at Holistic Email Marketing
- Dela Quist, Founder & CEO – Touchstone Intelligent Marketing | CEO – Alchemy Worx
- Steve Henderson, Head of Deliverability at Emarsys, member of the DMA Email Council and Chair of the Legal Hub for the Email Council.
- Author: Dr Dave Chaffey
- Sponsored by: Pure360
- Format: Downloadable PDF e-book
About the author
Dr. Dave Chaffey
Dave is co-founder of Smart Insights. He is editor of the 100+ templates, ebooks and courses in the digital marketing resource library created by our team of 25+ Digital Marketing experts. Our resources used by our premium members in more than 80 countries to Map, Plan and Manage their digital marketing.
For his full profile, or to connect on LinkedIn or other social networks, see the About Dave Chaffey profile page on Smart Insights. Dave is author of 5 bestselling books on digital marketing including Digital Marketing Excellence and Digital Marketing: Strategy, Implementation and Practice. In 2004 he was recognised by the Chartered Institute of Marketing as one of 50 marketing ‘gurus’ worldwide who have helped shape the future of marketing.