Improve your Web analytics strategy with our hub page
Use our hub pages as a reference to get up-to-speed on all the main digital marketing techniques. They will help you quickly understand how to make the most of the technique through definitions and recommendations on our member resources and blog articles covering strategy, best practices and the latest statistics.
Often, the power web analytics is under-used. Web analytics strategy requires selecting the right people, process, metrics and tools to get the most from it.
Web analytics strategy quick guide
Web analytics strategy success factors
Installing the tags on a site is only the start for using analytics to make a difference. We believe you need to create a performance management system in the organisation which will help drive results by defining the right:
- People - to manage, interpret and most importantly take actions
- Process - the process of report and alert distribution is key
- Tools - choosing the right analytics tools and integrating the data
- Measures - information overload is the challenge - finding the right measures to use in dashboards, alerts and for optimization is needed to get the most from analytics
Web analytics strategy definition
The Web Analytics Assocation defines web analytics as:
Web Analytics is the measurement, collection, analysis and reporting of Internet data for the purposes of understanding and optimizing Web usage.
You can see this does the job as a “catch-all” definition. We think it could be improved to reference the commercial aims of optimization and reference the measurement of multichannel usage including offline, mobile and social channels - the emphasis still seems on the traditional website.
Recommended member resources for Web analytics strategy
Best websites on Web analytics strategy
- Web Analytics Demystified (www.webanalyticsdemystified.com). A site to support Eric Petersen’s books with a range of research and whitepapers on web analytics adoption.
Key techniques for Web analytics strategy
These are the related techniques which we recommend as important for managing Web analytics strategy effectively. View these hub pages giving details on best practices, statistics and examples for these techniques:
View all blog articles on Web analytics strategy