Over the past few months it has been hard to escape stories about Bing. A recent post on Search Engine Watch which goes into some nice growth figures for Bing really made me sit up and listen.
Some of the numbers quote in this blog from Search Engine Watch should start make you wonder how & when Bing fits into your search strategy, for example:
- Searches on Bing last month increased by 21 percent
- Bing passed Wikipedia on compete’s list of top 50 websites
- Bing saw its share of searches jump from 10.6 percent to 12.81 percent for the same period
- Compete reported that Bing closed the year with a 105.36 percent increase in unique visitors -- the largest yearly growth among the top 50 sites.
You can view all the stats & full story from Search Engine Watch here
As a business owner or marketing team member these numbers and the growth of Bing should have you challenging your businesses presence outside of Google. As an online business looking forward I would begin to think about:
- How you currently perform on Bing?
- How much traffic do you receive?
- What are your conversion rates sign up / sale
- How does this compare to Google in terms of;
- Conversion rates
While Bing & Google will ultimately look at similar factors in how they rank websites they do have their differences. Checkout a few of the resources below to see what you could be doing to boost your rankings & performance in Bing. If the recent trends are anything to go by then it is better to tick the Bing box now than wait until it is more successful and more of your competitors are doing it.