A summary of the main updates and new concepts in digital marketing and E-commerce
If you have bought or are using Dave's books - thank you! To help readers of my books, this SmartInsights.com site has hundreds of articles with the latest updates on best practices, statistics and examples.
My recommendations on this page link to some of the most popular articles on Smart Insights which give more detail or the latest developments in digital marketing, digital business and e-commerce that may not yet be available in the books. The updates then feed into future editions of the books.
On this page you can:
- Check the latest editions of books
- Find my podcast and digital marketing glossary for student
- Get recommendations on updates for each chapter of books
- Connect with Dave
- Find the latest E-commerce and consumer usage trends and statistics
My monthly What's New in Marketing podcast covers the latest developments in digital marketing.
Pearson education support site
If you're a lecturer or student, the Pearson catalogue site gives access to lecturers materials and examination copies for the different books. These include Powerpoints and instructors manuals for lecturers who register:
- Digital marketing: Strategy, Implementation and Practice, 7e
- Digital business and e-commerce management
Routledge support site
Routledge has inspection copies and an Ebook version available for Digital marketing Excellence.
Downloadable slides on Slideshare
To help students develop plans we have made key templates and spreadsheets useful for assignments available free to Smart Insights basic members. We're keen to support students of digital marketing and E-commerce in their careers, so we offer a substantial discount on Expert membership - contact us for details.
Updated concepts for 2019 - with new visuals:
These visuals are available in my summary of 2019 digital marketing trends
Here are the latest editions of my books, written with my co-authors PR Smith and Fiona Ellis Chadwick.
These pages give updates and examples since the previous editions and more in-depth guidance than possible within a book.
Each link will take you to a page showing relevant quick guide on the topic showing our latest posts highlighting developments and related links. If you want to scan all 200+ free quick guides for the whole site, see our sitemap of best practice quick guides.
- Introduction to Digital marketing and Ecommerce concepts
- Marketplace analysis - customer, competitor, intermediary and influencer analysis to help create a strategy
- Macro-environment - analysis of the broader marketplace environment include legal updates and technology adoptions
- Creating a plan and strategy - Word and Excel templates plus coverage of BHAG, SWOT and SOSTAC planning
- Marketing Mix - Remixing the Digital marketing mix
- Social media marketing -
- Customer relationship management - CRM, E-CRM and social CRM
- User experience - site design and service quality
- Digital marketing campaigns - examples of campaigns and a campaign planning template
- Digital marketing communications techniques - updates on Search, Social and Affiliate marketing
- Optimising marketing through Web Analytics - updates on improving online marketing effectiveness
If there is anything else you would like to see included here, or if you have other questions (but not assignment questions please), do let me know.
Digital marketing and marketing models
To help support students and professionals studying digital marketing Annmarie Hanlon has developed two guides explaining the classic models. Any one can access these freely if they register as a Basic member on Smart Insights.
A small selection of videos to show how technology changes consumer behaviour
- Generation C
- Generation IP 2025
- Online advertising - the breakup
- The shocking reality of Ecommerce - funny video
- Example YouTube campaign video encouraging Ecommerce adoption - humour
- Craig Sullivan of Belron on the benefits of CRO for Belron/Autoglass
- Ecommerce checkout in real life - showing the problems of checkout we still face - humour
- Example viral marketing videos
See posts tagged:
Updates on the latest statistics on consumer and business adoption and usage of the Internet and other digital technologies.
- Compilation of Global Digital Technology Adoption Statistics Sources
- View all posts tagged Digital Technology Statistics
Contact me via our contact form or connect with me on your social network of choice to follow my social media media updates on the latest in digital marketing.